SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best way to sync and backup contacts and calendars between Outlook and iPhone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best way to sync and backup contacts and calendars between Outlook and iPhone Login/Join 
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted
I used to have this all setup with no problems when I was on an Exchange Server, but that's no longer the case. I use gmail for e-mail and just have my contacts and calendar in my phone (iCloud I guess). Now I've got some setting in my phone jacked up and when I update an existing contact, it ends up reverting back to the old info (Cloud override?). What I'd like to do is set it all up so that my phone calendar and contacts match my Outlook calendar and contacts in such a way that adding/changing on one automatically updates on the other. I also need to make sure they're both still being backed up to the cloud. What's the best way to set that up?

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Icloud for windows

link for download

I use this or my work outlook and my iphone.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
Icloud for windows

link for download

I use this or my work outlook and my iphone.

Gave this a try and now I have:
-an iCloud email address showing up in my Outlook
-2 new calendars showing up in Outlook but neither showing any of the appointments that show up on my iphone calendar
-2 groups of iCloud Contacts showing up under Contacts

Any suggestions?

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm watching to see what works too.
Years ago, when I got my first iphone, syncing worked great.
Then a few years ago it stopped when one of the new "improved" versions or updates came out.
I didn't notice at first so I don't know if the problem is with Apple or Microsoft.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post