SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ivanka Trump's visit to Iowa salon sparks social media backlash
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ivanka Trump's visit to Iowa salon sparks social media backlash Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Social media lets keyboard commandos, who would never visit that salon in the first place, post diatribes that are "thumbed up" or "liked" by other keyboard commandos, who also would never visit the salon...it's a bunch of loud mouth nobodies who spend 90% of their time on their phone...

We see them and their ilk every day...it's what their life's work consists of...texting and posting their "outrage" about any and everything.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Jesus, it's just hair, not a crisis.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I think those who leave reviews about establishments where they have never conducted business should be held legally liable for damages.

Same goes for products they have never actually purchased or used.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
More proof of Russian meddling on Facebook. Mueller better get on it!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently Obama got his hair "styled" there also. I must have missed the conservative "outrage" over that!

The unfortunate part of this is that the story of this high school program was entirely missed. It's a groundbreaking program in a brand new facility (entire interior of the building designed by my daughter!!) which is meant to help high school students get first hand knowledge of careers they might be interested in -- everything from welding to medicine to engineering.

Guess I'm off to buy gift certificates for some liberal friends tomorrow!

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are some great women in Iowa...I know because I married one.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently a brewery here hosted an event for Tim Kaine (a way more despicable human than Ivanka) and I just shrugged and thought 'that sucks but good for them for hosting a high profile individual' and then I forgot about it until this post. No manufactured outrage, no righteous indignation...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And in other news, Ms. Wong and her team are still busy working away while some do-nothings whine on social media. We live in f’d up times.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m going to hold my breath until HRC & Bill and Biden condemn such outrageous, ill-liberal behavior. Well, maybe not a good idea…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts on this one. One, Ms. Wong is to be commended for not only her written response, but also her unwillingness to back down to 'the mob'. Good on her. Two, if it could be known, my bet is a large majority of the ugly comments didn't even come from Des Moines or even Iowa. That's the downside to this social media attack nonsense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes fella's. There are women there and dam good one's too as this thread can attest too. So let us not demean all women in IA. Because what in the world does that accomplish.
There are lots of good people everywhere. And yes to a degree the internet gives a very small minority some sort of megaphone to blow their senseless drival which I could not care less about. I wish the Salon much success in the immediate future.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Some 10-year old kid in MA who sucked on his mommie’s tit too long and is an armchair commando prodigy probably posted half the referenced comments on stupidshit media, aka Fuckbook. Highly doubt the shop will see any change in customers/revenue. If they do, the air will be that much more pleasant in their business establishment.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the salon will enjoy the Chic-fil-a effect.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There are women in Iowa?

Ouch!!!!!!

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing several comments from people in my smaller local groups that this is a business they want to support based on the salon's response to this nonsense.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
There are women in Iowa?
Ouch!!!!!!
It's just a schtick:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...560007834#2560007834

Comedy 202

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are women in Iowa?

Bendable, please confirm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
There are women in Iowa?
Ouch!!!!!!
It's just a schtick:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...560007834#2560007834