SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stallone calls Trump in effort to get Jack Johnson pardoned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stallone calls Trump in effort to get Jack Johnson pardoned Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not an expert on Jack Johnson, but have read before that he was a serial woman abuser & pimp.

Seems to be a trumped-up charge he was convicted on though.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I never heard of Jack Johnson till seeing this thread.

Could care less either way if he is pardoned or not.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Fuck Stallone and his self aggrandizing championing of that generations paid thugs.
He isn't doing this to do anything more than glorify himself. Steroids have rotted his hypocritical brain.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
.I have learned long ago that if I'm going to enjoy any movie or musical entertainment I have to take politics out of it. Stallone being anti gun makes no more difference than me being pro gun. Neither one of us are making law.

I have more respect for some commie celebrity who hates guns, won't touch one, and is for bans, than one who is for banning firearms for private ownership while collecting handguns, getting a concealed permit denied to 99.9% of.the rest of his city. He wants to benefit from the 2A and deny it to the rest of us. Fuck him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I bet he’s got a Jack Johnson movie in the works.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
The spin?

He beat men as a form of entertainment and bragged of it That's the thing Trump admires brutal thuggish behavior, no surprise he pardoned Johnson.

By the way History on Fire has a wonderful podcast about Jack Johnson.
Who said he'd been pardoned? Roll Eyes

I'm sure President Trump has a lot more on his plate than a pardon for somebody who was wronged 100 years ago and died before he (Trump) was even born, and on the request of one guy, to boot. If he were still alive or he had a spouse or (legitimate) children still alive, it might be different. The meme I posted earlier was a roundabout way of suggesting that.

The thread inspired me to look up Johnson (I had a vague recollection of the name) and find out the scoop on him, so even though I'll probably never use this new knowledge, the time spent gaining it is never wasted. Smile

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
The spin?

He beat men as a form of entertainment and bragged of it That's the thing Trump admires brutal thuggish behavior, no surprise he pardoned Johnson.

Who said he'd been pardoned? Roll Eyes

I believe you missed his point. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump has a maximum of two terms to get things done. It's wonderful that this country is in such fantastic condition that the President has time to dick around with pointless shit like this.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I never heard of Jack Johnson till seeing this thread.

Could care less either way if he is pardoned or not.

Well, I had heard of Jack Johnson, but the one I heard of is a left leaning musician. I was wondering what he had done and why President DJT might have any interest in pardoning him. Smile

After a little Wikipedia reading, I learned about the other JJ. If what I read is right, it sounds like he may have gotten a raw deal, convicted of something in a law that was passed after he did it, but so what. It is old news and what affect does it have on anyone’s life. Or to quote some skank, “What difference - at this point, what difference does it make?”

Sounds like typical leftist garbage, get spun up about feelings about ancient history.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
He isn't doing this to do anything more than glorify himself. Steroids have rotted his hypocritical brain

And those are his good points

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Stallone virtue signals with an obscure historical figure. The only good that could come of this is to provide a public opportunity to virtue signal. JJ is no more free nor any less oppressed than the day he passed. What happened to him was a shame, but life is full of tragedy and exploitation. All suffer it in some way or another and at each other's hand. You know what they say in Russia? TOUGHSKI!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Silly me. I had a whole different Jack Johnson in mind when I read the thread title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqUdI4AIDF0

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he got his posthumous pardon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m...le/amp/idUSKCN1IP31F

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well now he can breathe easy...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something tells me BLM won't be impressed

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
LOL. Those two... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I think the pardon was another middle finger for Obama.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post