SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stallone calls Trump in effort to get Jack Johnson pardoned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stallone calls Trump in effort to get Jack Johnson pardoned Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Say what you want but I've always liked Stallone. He is a Trump supporter. He personally called the Donald to get ex heavy weight champ Jack Johnson pardoned. Something other presidents considered but just didn't get around to it. I'm betting Trump does it.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Obama ignored the request from McCain and Dirty Harry Reid. If President Trump makes this happen, how can the Left spin it to make Obama a hero and Trump a racist? The ensuing pretzel factory will be interesting to watch.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Stallone is a massive hypocrite, an antigun asshole. He supports banning "assault weapons". He has publicly advocated door to door confiscation of guns. I have posted photos of the moron attending Brady Center events. All while making violent films showcasing guns, and all while obtaining an extremely rare CHL in Los Angeles. Screw him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Stallone is a massive hypocrite, an antigun asshole. He supports banning "assault weapons". He has publicly advocated door to door confiscation of guns. I have posted photos of the moron attending Brady Center events. All while making violent films showcasing guns, and all while obtaining an extremely rare CHL in Los Angeles. Screw him.

Thank you for shining the light on this Hollywood hypocrite.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
100 years later. Really, what's the point? The man has been dead for 72 years.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I hope Trump ignores it. He has more important things to deal with than this and play along with more publicity speakers.

Mr. Johnson's been dead since 1946. Pardon him, don't, make him ambassador to Mars, it won't really matter.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

This.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well then...Excuuuuuse me! I still like the guy. I like Bruce Springsteen music too. I have learned long ago that if I'm going to enjoy any movie or musical entertainment I have to take politics out of it. Stallone being anti gun makes no more difference than me being pro gun. Neither one of us are making law.
As far as Jack Johnson I never heard of him until I read the article. It just seemed to me a good opportunity for Trump to again drive the media narrative or force them to remain silent because it's something they can't spin because it involves one of their victim classes.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Stallone publicly supported abolishing the Second Amendment. This despite the fact that he has a CCW and armed bodyguards. To say nothing of his movies, filled with guns. Hypocrite? We need a stronger word for Stallone. Maybe "hypocrole."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can any of you truthfully say you've never seen any of the Rocky or Rambo movies and didn't enjoy them for the brain candy they are?
The paint brush of hypocrite can often times paint in a circle.

Who in Hollywood or the entertainment industry is not a hypocritical fool? Until we all shut off our tv's burn down all the theaters and shut off all the music we are hypocrites ourselves.
Sometimes you just gotta get past it.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Can any of you truthfully say you've never seen any of the Rocky or Rambo movies and didn't enjoy them for the brain candy they are?
The paint brush of hypocrite can often times paint in a circle.

Who in Hollywood or the entertainment industry is not a hypocritical fool? Until we all shut off our tv's burn down all the theaters and shut off all the music we are hypocrites ourselves.
Sometimes you just gotta get past it.

I can say I've never seen any of the Stallone or Rocky/ Rambo movies at all. Razz

That said I understand what you're saying I like several Matt Damon movies but understand that he is a Lefty.

(oh I can't stand Springsteen's music at all Wink )

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Who’s more important? The guy to be pardoned or the guy pushing the pardoning? Yes, it’s just a gesture, but I’ll bet a nickel it’s important to other people besides Stallone. Politicians make gestures that are not important to the individual concerned all the time; in fact, there’s another one being discussed here right now. I don’t know that this guy Jack Johnson deserves being pardoned; it’s not my decision and not worth my time examining the issue further, but what’s important is the message, not the messenger.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I understand your point about Hollywood all being lefties, and unless we never go to the theatre, or buy a DVD, etc., we are supporting them. But Stallone is not just a run of the mill anti-gun hypocrite, he is an activist who has gone out of his way to publicly make the most extreme proposals: confiscate guns, abolish the Second Amendment, ban assault weapons. When he makes that part of his public identity, I react to him on that basis, and treat him accordingly. I would not go to a Stallone movie if you paid me.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Say what you want...

We said. Hey, you asked for it, so don't get all butt hurt, now. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Say what you want...

We said. Hey, you asked for it, so don't get all butt hurt, now. Big Grin

Ain't no ass burn here. I've been treated far worse by forum members here for something of far less significance than this. There are very few people whom I allow the power to offend me and none of them are on this forum.

We all have our opinion on far ranging topics and because they are not always in agreement with my own it has no bearing on my own.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Stallone is just one more overpaid sillywood resident.

In my movie watching career I have watched a portion of one of his films. In my book he is a low/no talent asshole who gets his millions from making movies that glorify violence.

He has not earned a single penny from me, nor have any of the other sillywood morons.

Have not been to a movie theater since about 1972-3. Wife and I went to Dr. Zhivago then.

When I want to watch a movie I find on on the internet that actually has a story to tell and the actors/actresses actually have talent.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
It’s unfortunate this thread has become about Stallone and not Jack Johnson.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I'm all for it, if only to see how the Left will spin it. It's fun to watch them scramble when Trump does something that doesn't fit their narrative.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
The spin?

He beat men as a form of entertainment and bragged of it That's the thing Trump admires brutal thuggish behavior, no surprise he pardoned Johnson.

By the way History on Fire has a wonderful podcast about Jack Johnson.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post