SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tom Petty Taken to Hospital - Full Cardiac Arrest. UPDATE: CBS Screws Pooch - Nobody Knows Truth Yet
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Petty Taken to Hospital - Full Cardiac Arrest. UPDATE: CBS Screws Pooch - Nobody Knows Truth Yet Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Seems like another drug overdose death, from "mixed drug intoxication, including fentanyl, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl".

That's a lot of shit in the system.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...anyl-oxycodone-more/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Despite this painful injury he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury," their post says. The family said the fracture upgraded to a full-on break and they believe the pain "was simply unbearable" and the cause of his "overuse of medication."

Yeah, that's right, he's the victim. He kept playing concerts with a broken hip for...his fans. Roll Eyes

No, he was a junkie and it killed him.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
^^^What a terrible shame! Not even natural causes.

Nice to see your new location oddball!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Seems like another drug overdose death, from "mixed drug intoxication, including fentanyl, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl".

That's a lot of shit in the system.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...anyl-oxycodone-more/

Not clear on how the citalopram addressed any pain but it could have been the biggest problem he had, another wonder SSRI drug.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
"Despite this painful injury he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury," their post says. The family said the fracture upgraded to a full-on break and they believe the pain "was simply unbearable" and the cause of his "overuse of medication."

Yeah, that's right, he's the victim. He kept playing concerts with a broken hip for...his fans. Roll Eyes

No, he was a junkie and it killed him.

I was going to post this exact same thing.

Tom Petty made choices. He... made... choices.

Other's, blame.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
The acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl are not licensed for rx use, so he was getting those from some illicit source.

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

Not clear on how the citalopram addressed any pain but it could have been the biggest problem he had, another wonder SSRI drug.

That's a joke, right? He had four different opioids in his system, three of them being many times more powerful than heroin, combined with two sedating benzos. All that, and you think the antidepressant could have been his biggest problem?

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted January 21, 2018 01:42 AM Hide Post
The acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl are not licensed for rx use, so he was getting those from some illicit source.

Metabolites.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:
All that, and you think the antidepressant could have been his biggest problem?

Yep, it could have predated all the others. SSRI's can be major mind benders.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Sex. Drugs. Rock and roll. Rinse. Repeat.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Damn! I read the subject line as “Tom Brady Taken to Hospital - Full Cardiac Arrest.”

Almost gave me that.

Tom Petty has been gone awhile and wasn’t the OD news here last week?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn! I read the subject line as “Tom Brady Taken to Hospital - Full Cardiac Arrest.”

If that happened we would hear about it after the game.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post