SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tom Petty Taken to Hospital - Full Cardiac Arrest. UPDATE: CBS Screws Pooch - Nobody Knows Truth Yet
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Petty Taken to Hospital - Full Cardiac Arrest. UPDATE: CBS Screws Pooch - Nobody Knows Truth Yet Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Sad and a very strange story. Another case of the media rushing to break the news, even if they have no news.

It was really odd listening to the radio this afternoon. The DJ reported they'd taken him off life support. Then admitted "we don't know what that means. If he's breathing on his own or if he's gone the other way. We don't know." Strange and sad.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I spent my childhood listening to his songs. Always been a big fan. 66 is too young I hope he fights back.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/Q-gyHzqKZRU

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Damn, he's just another Florida boy whose daddy said he would never amount to nothing....

Petty once told an interviewer that, and he walked out and got a gig with a band...and never looked back..

I wish him well

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Five or six years ago, a girlfriend and I saw Tom Petty and ZZ Top in concert in North Carolina. Stevie Nicks showed up unexpectedly. What a great weekend that was!

RIP, Tom P. We'll miss you terribly.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Wow, that's really a shame. 66 isn't that old either.

For a rock star it's very old.....The amount of partying and drugs those guys have done over their life, really takes a toll.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw Tom Petty in concert a few years back at Sturgis. Stevie Nicks showed up there too. What a great concert. Also saw Joe Cocker. Might have been the same show. Hell I can't remember. Too much Jagermeister!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
And they wonder why they are accused of fake news. Definitely incorrect news at least 50% of the time.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I still don't know the man's fate.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Just heard on the radio that he may not be dead......

Wow, really. Freakin' media. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of us know our fates. But they now say Petty is still alive. https://www.redstate.com/preva...ive-lapd-apologizes/

LAPD apologized. I've seen 3 or 4 Clint Eastwood has died stories. So far...he's still kicking. Looks like there is some issue for sure.

The daughter has some interesting things to say to Rolling Stone on Twitter:"my dad is not dead yet but your fucking magazine is ⚡️⚡️⚡️your slime has been pieces of tabloid dog sh*t. You put the worst artists on your covers do zero research. How dare you report that my father has died just to get press because your articles and photos are so dated. I will f—ing sh*t down your throat and your family’s. Try not being a trump vibe. This is my father not a celebrity. An artist and human being. F–k u”

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any new news about Tom Petty's condition?

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
He's dead, he's not - Don't do me like that.

Though he may not have passed, clearly some bad things happened.

This has not been a good day has it?

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It seems Petty is indeed in a hospital, apparently his condition not good. His daughter has posted some Instagram stuff from the hospital. She brutally slams Rolling Stone Magazine for false reporting and other things.

http://uproxx.com/music/tom-pe...akim-violette-slams/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
For a rock star it's very old.....The amount of partying and drugs those guys have done over their life, really takes a toll

Keith Richards???? After nuclear war there will be roaches and Keith Richards. He is not the rule however. You are correct.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
*** BREAKING NEWS ***

CNN can now report with 100% certainty, Tom Petty is dead, or alive.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Tom Petty’s Family Confirmed He Has Died Frown

Shit! Frown...RIP Mr. Petty

Edit...it's so hard to believe he was two years older than me...fuck...I'm getting old!...the sheets are getting short on the bed Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Tom.

http://www.latimes.com/local/l...-20171002-story.html

The way the media reported on this story is a sad commentary of how our media operates now. No sources, pure hearsay bullshit. Really sad.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Petty, You done good!

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post