SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to fall asleep when you're not tired?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to fall asleep when you're not tired? Login/Join 
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
2 chicks at the same time.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
You beat your meat with a mallet? Kinky.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I have heard this podcast works wonders;

https://www.sleepwithmepodcast.com/

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sleep with a local talk show plugged into my ear. Volume is very low, low enough I have to concentrate to hear. After five minutes, I'm gone.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I say again:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Oh, check out Lina Grace on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/channe...BTQ9xKdasllTFfBpbTCg

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Get a lot of sun - those 10,000 lux will help. Even being outside, or by a window where untinted sunlight can illuminate the room / area. Even being outside in the shade, the sunlight will help you sleep. Wearing sunglasses hinders the effect. I don't wear them anymore - just like sunscreen blocks the skin from vitamin D absorption.

This thread also has pertinent info.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Couple shots of Nyquil

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Whiskey

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Ambien.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I took a Xanax instead of my blood pressure medicine on my way to work early one morning by mistake. I could not stay awake at the wheel. I had to stop and get out of the car every few blocks.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Xanax

Yep

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
For those of you recommending consumption of alcohol, i’ll point out that it is both a depressant and a stimulant. I recommend visualizing a peaceful setting as you lie in bed and regulating your breathing as you allow your muscles to relax. If that doesn’t work, then uh, take matters into your own hand. Wink

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Listen to NPR or PBS

All that'll do is raise his blood pressure. Doubly-so when he remembers that crap is partially funded by his taxes.

quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Ambien.

This ^^^^^

If you absolutely must sleep. But be advised: Some people do odd things on Ambien. Look it up. If you're one of them: Avoid.

Normally melatonin does it for me. I'll take 5 mg of diazepam (Valium) if I'm feeling unusually antsy. I save the zoldipem (Ambien) for when I really need to sleep and feel like I won't be able to.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
What is this "not tired" you mentioned? Seriously though, like someone else mentioned, I listen to a podcast at a pretty low volume to get the sleep started. Not so low that I have to work to listen but low enough that if I'm still I can hear it, it doesn't take long to drift off.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
From what I have heard this podcast works wonders;

https://www.sleepwithmepodcast.com/

Listened to a few minutes. That would annoy the hell out of me.

I usually read Sigforum and watch YouTube videos until my iPad smacks me in the face.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wake up earlier the morning of. When you get home, eat a big meal, shower, Nyquil and off to sleep.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Melatonin pills

This.

A couple beers to help relax won't hurt either. Smile I sleep like shit. Been taking them for 3 or 4 months (hour or so before bedtime). They really help. They don't "make you tired" but they help you fall asleep and more importantly...stay asleep, and they don't affect me in the morning.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1366 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Try Melatonin, the liquid kind. It works for some people very well.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ambien, for sleep on demand. What techies around here might call, ‘Cloud Sleep’..

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post