SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's Talk Ladders!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Talk Ladders! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The blue fiberglass Werner's are my go to for ladders and have been for over 20 yrs. Unless, we are talking about the longer 32' aluminum Werner.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Have to say I'm not a fan of these new fangled folding ladders... with that said I have very little experience with them....
First time I tried to set one up the upper section folded back and hit me on the back of the head... I saw stars and almost went down... this would have been interesting since I was setting the ladder up against the chimney that serves the fireplace in the Oval Office. I guess I missed my chance to be on the national news... being evackted off the roof of the West Wing.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my brother bought his little giant , at costco , 9 months ago.

he loves it , has many good uses for it for his home jobs,
wishes he had gotten it ten years ago

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
My mother had a Little Giant. After a storm he had a limb break up in her birch tree. I had the ladder set up into the tree so I could climb up and cut the limb free.

While way up in the air, the spring loaded lock that holds the extension in the extended position shot out of the ladder. At least the second one held in place while I scurried down as quickly as possible.

Don't know if it was a freak occurrence, but I don't trust them.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've got an extension ladder, two 6 ft. folders, and a 12' folder. All Werners.

The only complaint that I have is the rope thingy on the extension ladder is potentially dangerous as it's not difficult to get it tangled up with a foot. I've been meaning to just take it off of there for several years now...just haven't.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I don't use one of those folding jobbies, just Werners (stepladders and one extension long enough to get me on my roof). Recently I've bought a couple of Louisville Ladder products. They seem to be about the same quality as the Werners, but are a bit less expensive. They offer an extensive line. I recently bought two Louisville Werner products that are designed for drywall workers. They fold out like a step ladder, but are only 2 ft high, and 4 ft long. The top step is more of a platform, and is designed to stand on (I feel quite stable standing on the top). They meet most of my household "reach" needs and are easier to carry around than a step ladder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
The articulated folding ladders are dangerous. I wouldn’t own or use one.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post