SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    That moment when....<teenager related>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That moment when....<teenager related> Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
...when you realized that your two 14 year old sons are ten-times the kids you were and that the respect, love, and compassion they show for their parents is so much more than you could have hoped for at this age.

That moment when you realize that no matter the craziness happening in your life, you are very truly blessed with kind, happy, and really 'good' children.

I can only wish all of you with youngsters the same satisfaction and happiness.

God Bless.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I didn't want children.

I was afraid my child would be like me.

Which is to say not an alter boy.

I relented as my wife wanted a child.

I got a child, now a grown woman, who was the opposite of me.

It is the 16th miracle in my life.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having good kids is a blessing, having great kids at this age is a double blessing and a statement of the quality of the parents involved.

As a teacher, I thank you.

You are helping raise those that will keep this country great. As a concerned citizen, I thank you again.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that makes up for all the work-related up and downs you've had Ronin.

You raised them well.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post