SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just bought a log cabin in the mountains (Warning: huge photos)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just bought a log cabin in the mountains (Warning: huge photos) Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Your cabin is like a place I have always thought if I were single or widowed, I would hang my hat.

Good for you, may you enjoy many happy days and nights there.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Jealous!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Very nice! How much property/acreage or lot size?

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Do you want to adopt a Canadian family? We're polite, and we'll bring maple syrup and pur pathetic magazines pinned to 5 rounds.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats. That's awesome.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very nice find - that is awesome...looking at the surroundings I am guessing its not in Florida Smile

congrats

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I would love to get something similar. What price range are we talking about? Thanks!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Where are the photos of the bunker and prepper shelving?

Very nice

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are yall on AirBnB? Smile

Seriously, congratulation. That is a beautiful cabin.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I am guessing its not in Florida Smile

Could be the mountains of southwest Florida...

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats. It looks like a manufactured (factory built) home? Delivered in half's and set up on concrete runners.

I could be wrong though. Nicely done it looks like.

Who built it?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Looks terrific, Vinny! Congratulations & enjoy Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I envy your purchase except for the snow and all. Smile

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I just showed my wife these pictures. We're now in the market for a small cabin in southern Utah Big Grin

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
You might've said and I missed it, but did you get much acreage with the cabin? Beautiful setting, looks like a place where many memories will be made. Congrats for making it happen.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the hump, to Pahrump!!
Looks gorgeous, Vinney. I'm envious.. Enjoy!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Man, that is absolutely beautiful. Away from the crowds, cities, and people. Plenty of space for hidden claymore's, & landmines on your property,and enough space in the house for a SAW also. Smile

It's obvious you are a man revered by your friends, and greatly feared by your enemies. Razz

quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Congratulations!
Two questions...what is the elevation and what does the view from the front porch look like??
Seems like a nice place to put a chair on and sip a good single malt!

It's obvious you are a man of great taste and refinement. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post