SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just bought a log cabin in the mountains (Warning: huge photos)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just bought a log cabin in the mountains (Warning: huge photos) Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
[lust & admiration]

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That is a very nice looking cabin. I'm sure you and your family will have a great time relaxing in that cabin.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Great looking cabin congratulations, my destiny is similar in about 8 years.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Can I have it the week of July 4th for Mrs. BB61 and the kids?? Wink

CONGRATS!!!

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^ The funny thing is, one of the first things we talked about was the ability to get out of town for that week to get away from all the knuckleheads with fireworks. It's very hard on my dogs.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I don't want it on July 4th but I'd be up for rentals during the rest of the year! Love staying in cabins in the mountains!

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. What a beautiful setting!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's is sweet
One of my dreams is to have a small cabin in the mountains.
Enjoy it!

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Man, that is absolutely beautiful. Away from the crowds, cities, and people. Plenty of space for hidden claymore's, & landmines on your property,and enough space in the house for a SAW also. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Congrats, looks awesome!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Two questions...what is the elevation and what does the view from the front porch look like??
Seems like a nice place to put a chair on and sip a good single malt!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the new place. Definately look into a wood burning stove. Just something about the heat, smell and the fire that makes a cabin feel even better. Hope your first Christmas there has a big snow!. Enjoy!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Love it. Congrats !

When is the sig forum party ?

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Oh, it’s gorgeous! I’m jealous! Congrats!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it. Congrats.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, it looks fantastic.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
That... looks... awesome! Almost wish I could crash there now, being it’s a Friday & all Wink
Congrats!!!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I see many long quiet times ahead..
Congratulations.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats!!!!!

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Congratulations!
Two questions...what is the elevation and what does the view from the front porch look like??
Seems like a nice place to put a chair on and sip a good single malt!

It's about 4400' elevation, cool enough in the summer, cold in the winter. The porch faces west toward a mountain sunset. Bourbon for me.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post