SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Veteran's small business is gifted $15,000 worth of lawn equipment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veteran's small business is gifted $15,000 worth of lawn equipment Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
My screen got fuzzy when I read this. Maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist, but I still think there is some good folks out there.

Just a month after finding out that he'd been robbed, an Oklahoma veteran will continue to run his landscaping business, which hires vets, thanks to a nonprofit group's donation of $15,000 worth of new equipment on Friday.

Cody Nichols, who served in the Marines, owns and operates Our Troops Services, a small business in Tulsa that hires veterans for landscaping, fencing and construction jobs. His company took a hit on May 20 when he discovered that all of his equipment had been taken.

Nichols and his fellow veterans were left with nothing but a couple of donated push mowers to continue working, but they soon fell behind.

The veteran’s luck turned around on Friday, though, when a nonprofit group, Soldier’s Wish, surprised Nichols with $15,000 worth of new lawn equipment, the Tulsa World reported.

“We’re going to survive. I really thought our company was going to die,” Nichols said according to the publication.

Nichols, who said he's been adding new customers recently, will now continue his work thanks to a commercial riding mower and the generosity of others in the military community.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...stuff-is-stolen.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
This renews my faith in humanity.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they find whoever stole the equipment and introduce them to it, feet first.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
There’s still good people in the world.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Label me an optimist but I'm of the opinion that the good outweighs the bad. There are kind acts and good deeds done daily. Some make headlines most do not.

Stories such as this are heartwarming but by no means rare. I'm happy for this veteran and his outfit.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
All the news outlets around here ran with that story for a few days. It was a welcome break from all the shootings and murders.

It’s situations like this where I wish I could win the powerball when it’s up at 15 plus million.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
That donation will keep vets in a job.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post