SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The future of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of SIGforum Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
More important to me that you and LBJ stick around than the forum, but thank you for thinking of us so selflessly...again.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
para, you are a man of resolute character. Thank you to you and LBJ for making this place. Thank you to LDD for agreeing to carry on the tradition.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm relieved to hear this! Thank you for keeping us free. And I don't mean monetarily.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Most excellent!

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for not only the input, but for reasuring us that we still have a home.

We're ALL behind you and anything you think is right. God be with you.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Any potential to establish a "sustaining member" option?

I'll second that.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'll be riding the old SIGforum train to the end of the line.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Great Plan! This is my favorite site on the internet. Keep up the good fight.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
This seems the right time to ask about the feasibility of establishing the "SigForum Revocable Trust" - or whatever name you deep appropriate.

I am not a lawyer, but I spend a lot of time helping a lot of client's think about guaranteeing a future for the things they hold dear after they are no longer able to make decisions.

Essentially, establishing a financial, logistical, and legal framework to ensure the owners interests are maintained into perpetuity.

I am absolutely sure the members would be willing to participate in the funding of the trust to address site administrative costs. The formation of the trust would ensure the green background is forever... Smile

Please let us know what we can do to maintain this corner of Eden.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Not a bad idea.

Sig Forum Foundation?

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir,

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roger that. Pleased to see and read there are plans afoot to keep this electronic oasis viable.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
We are all fortunate to belong here, and even more fortunate that you, lbj and LDD are thinking way ahead on our behalf.

Hats off to all three of you.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everything you do to keep this great forum alive and original.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
For the Forum to retain the same feel and purpose. We need to have only "One" at the top. A circular org would never fly with this group. I applaud Your forward thinking to give/sell to one person. As you imply, He is a person that obviously meets the requirements.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all that. As others have said, it is a relief.

When I read about your health problems, my immediate (second) thought was about the forum, and your thoughts and concerns about its future are simply further confirmation of how fortunate all the members here are to have you running it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
While I certainly hope and pray you and LBJ will be with us for years to come, I'm glad to see you have a Plan. Thanks, Para, LBJ, and LDD.

As an aside: As you noted, server storage and bandwidth isn't free. If any of the three of you at any time feel a supporting membership plan is called-for in order to relieve some of the financial burden, I'd be more than pleased to do what I can do to help.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Thanks boss. We all seek refuge here. Great to know the plan is to keep it around in perpetuity. Stay safe and healthy.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Thank you. These are challenging times. I appreciate all you are doing.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Sigforum.com Forever!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post