SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The future of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of SIGforum Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
God Save SIGforum!!!

Thanks Para and LDD

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Any potential to establish a "sustaining member" option?

I'll second that.

This, or something similar would be a good idea.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I can't say how grateful I am to the three of you gentlemen for keeping this beacon not just alive, but as a thriving bastion of American values & long-distance friendships.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
kudos

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm so thankful this forum exists as it does. The rest of the web has become a cluttered mess. At one point, getting online saved me time and money. I've been questioning lately whether or not that's true anymore.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of the few places I go almost daily.

Thank you all and G-d Bless.

May the forum last for many more years.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:

Over the past four or five years, SIGforum has been solicited for purchase repeatedly. None of these companies contacts you once only. Each of them has sent multiple emails asking if we are interested in selling. Most of these, I simply ignore. For the more persistent ones, I do respond. My answer is the same each time and shall always be the same.

No

If they persist after that, I do not repeat myself by again saying 'no'. Some of these companies seem to be under the impression that my refusal is intended as an entry into negotiations, so, when they email me once again, I tell them "Do not contact me again". At least one of these companies is not based in the United States. To me, it seems fundamentally wrong for American gun forums to be owned by some foreign interest.

They're not getting this place, gentlemen. Let others be consumed and changed into caricatures of their original selves. Let others have their own voices silenced, to be replaced by the voice of corporate America. SIGforum will not suffer this fate. I say to you in all seriousness that I would rather have this place cease to exist.

Thank you Sir!
My dear grandmother had many sayings, "Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching" is one that sticks with me always.
I've been a dumbass on here more than once, but this is the only gun forum I've been active on for the last ten years for a reason.

As much as people have become news whores and gossip hounds, the intentional neglect on mass shootings makes this place a virtual oasis.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para, LBJ, and LDD.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para! For Sigforum and all your efforts!

Best gunboard on the net. Long live Sigforum! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Wow, two 'Seriously Sobering' threads in 24 hours, and thankfully, both have a VERY Positive outcome....Something that was not at all guaranteed upon first glance of the thread title! To say I'm relieved (once again), would be a serious understatement!

Para, I must offer you a heartfelt Thank You!! Thank you for SIGforum, Thank You for the forethought to have a well thought out succession plan, and Thank You for heeding the sound/urgent advice of 'sjtill' to seek medical help when it was absolutely paramount!

In an uncertain (and seemingly insane) world, SIGforum at time seems to be the only oasis of sanity anywhere! As do many, I value my invaluable membership here! Should you ever need it, please know that we stand at the ready to provide assistance....All you have to do is ask!

Again, make sure you continue to take care of yourself, and those that love you! Be Safe, and Godspeed!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!!! Thank you!!!

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Man 2020 is epic in all ways. SigForum will prevail.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
THE future of SIGforum looks bright. May it live long and prosper as it combats the Borg. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Whew, I read the headline and I got nervous to open this thread Eek

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This is the best place on the web. It’s good to see it’s going to be in great hands for a long, long time!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I cannot tell you guys how meaningful and important this forum has been to me over the years. I value my membership here deeply. Once again I am impressed by the forethought and behind the scenes activity that goes into making it this amazing place.

I wish there was some way we could assist in the cost, through membership, donations etc. A gamer clan I play with uses teamspeak and we all help to offset the cost of the server with small donations.

Thank you LBJ, and Para and I look forward to the future knowing it is in the hands of LDD. may you all be blessed.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para, LBJ, and LDD. Planning for such things is a lousy part of life but thank you for planning. I think I'd be lost if I went to open the forum and it wasn't there. Let's just hope you're around and swinging the ban hammer for a long, long time.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post

United we stand!

Long live Sigforum!!!!

Thanks Boss/es.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post