SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The future of SIGforum
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of SIGforum Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
A huge thank you to Para, LBJ and LDD!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As is said in theatre for something exceptional... Bravo!!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para!!!!!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I made this forum my first stop for over 10 years. Many thanks to Para, LDD and the all the members who have made this a home for like minded and 'real' people. Seldom here lately, it was nice to read all the great comments.

Adding my own, thank you all for the ride. May it continue on...

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Given recent events in my life, now is the perfect time to broach this subject. For those of you unaware of what I'm talking about, please take a look at my Dear Diary thread.

LDD is a very intelligent, capable man and obviously is someone whom I trust completely with this forum. You guys, too, should trust him. He will not abandon you, will not lead you astray. When LDD speaks, I am speaking. When you speak to LDD, you are speaking to me. Once lbj and I are gone, give LDD your support. If you do this, SIGforum shall continue to exist- independently, without any corporate influence- for many, many years to come.

First - get better. Second - thank you for this piece of the WWW, the dedication to American ideals and rights is so rare these days and we appreciate this place more with each passing year. I’m sure your direction and LDD will only continue this standard - and for that we are thankful.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Thank you!!! I lurk more than I post, but I have always made this place my home for many years and feel welcome every time.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
A guy can barely take his wife out to eat and all kinds of stuff starts happening. Oh well, its all for the better. We kind of went through this with his other forum, but the threats weren't idle. Go there some time and discover what a train wreck its become. We said the same allocades for that one, too. As the membership changed, and more importantly the ownership, I don't even bother going there these days. I haven't even been here 20 full years yet. Time flys when you're having fun. Nothing lasts forever, and I kind of think, hope, I'll croak before Para or this place does.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your concern about us and what happens, and what you have established here!

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
thanks for all and LDD do to keep this forum alive. I hope both of you are around a good long time.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Thank you for your concern about us and what happens, and what you have established here!

Amen!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38651 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I don’t think we should count on any change in management here for some time to come.
You guys remember Para’s “What if we could live our life over?” Thread?
We’re about to see Para doing just that.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I like that king of thinking, Doc.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38651 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Hopefully your plan won’t need implementing for decades. By then forum software will be a bigger issue plus the Forums format in general is struggling at least for other topics I follow. This place is quite special.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a vast sea of forums you, sir have made this place outstanding. It is like no other and for 15 years I've enjoyed it immensely. You've accomplished something extra special. You have corralled and herded a multitude of differing opinions and personalities in a place that feels like a special club and sometimes a second home.
Be proud of what you've accomplished and get well soon.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It all sounds good. Thanks for the explanation.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Roger that!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally, something run by values and substance vs. bullshit and profits !!!!

Thank you for looking down the road !

Posts: 787 | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Many thanks for this excellent forum, and the forethought to sustain this bastion of anti--bullshit.

Our wise and intelligent counselor, second only to you in influencing the tone of the forum- JALLEN, is surely hitting an high note on his tabernacle tuba.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Thank you ... and to the extended long and happy lifetime.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Great to hear the future of SIGfourm as it always has been has been secured, but at the same time looking forward to you being around for a long, long time still Para! Much respect and gratitude goes out to lbj and LDD too!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post