SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The future of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of SIGforum Login/Join 
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
While I certainly hope and pray you and LBJ will be with us for years to come, I'm glad to see you have a Plan. Thanks, Para, LBJ, and LDD.

As an aside: As you noted, server storage and bandwidth isn't free. If any of the three of you at any time feel a supporting membership plan is called-for in order to relieve some of the financial burden, I'd be more than pleased to do what I can do to help.

Agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY! It's crazy that I haven't met very many members but I have teared up more than I'd care to admit over losses and scares and stories posted here. Even for grumpy cusses like myself, this place matters for ALL the reasons Para mentioned and many more!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Here's to another 20 years, and beyond!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para and all of the SigForum staff, past, present, and future. Such a unique little corner of the internet we have here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am fully on board with this and if the need should arise, will kick in some $$$ to keep the forum as it is now.
Continued best wishes for Para, LBJ and LDD.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know. This is a special forum and I am glad to see that a long term plan exists. Thanks again for all of your efforts in keeping this place operational.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Thank You and LDD will always have my support.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para for ensuring the continuity of this little corner of the internet.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I support your decision.
If funding is requested to help - count me in.
This forum is the best and has helped me through life's good times and bad times.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's wise to plan ahead and be prepared. You have obviously thought this out. We all hope you'll be around for many more years to come. Thank you for what you've accomplished with this site.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us look behind the curtain boss. This is easily the best forum, on any subject, I have ever joined. I pray it’s a long time before LDD has to take over by himself. Thanks again.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Para, I salute you sir, and applaud your forward-thinking plan of succession. God willing its implementation is a long way off.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para, for all you have done and do. Also, it is very appreciated that you’ve kept us in the loop.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para, for all you do. SIGforum is my go to place for daily solace. I, too, will be pleased to help support the operating costs of this wonderful place...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
understood...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Thank you

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thank you for an entity that we all take for granted way too much.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That's a three thumbs up.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Now I wonder, is LDD's originally signed waiver still on file or, will he need to re-read?

Thing that make you say "uhm..."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Gratified to hear this, I’ve grown accustomed to this place. Others have referred to the forum as a “campfire”, and it is that. I may not be one of the hip kids, getting to sit at the cool kids table, I still feel a sense of community, regardless. I have laughed, cried, commiserated many times over the years I have been here, I don’t post often these days, mostly because someone has already expressed my thought better than I could have. In spite of that I do stop by, every day, and peruse the threads. Who could have believed that a web forum on the internet would become such a part of my life? More than once over the years this place has been my rock and I’m happy to be here, boss.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post