SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The future of SIGforum
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of SIGforum Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Not that my opinion matters too much but I like this move! Well done.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have been out of the CONUS for the past month or so and just saw this.

Thanks to Para and others for having the foresight to continue to offer this site up for us. It has truly become a place for social discourse and the single best place to get pertinent information about the world we live in...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Very classy and worthy of respect, the whole affair.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Wishing you all the best in your recovery and thank you for what you have done and continue to do.
Looking forward to the continuation of this forum with LDD at the wheel. Thanks.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
Picture of MaThGr82
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted much the last 10 years (raising kids keeping me busy). I check in on occasion though and glad to hear there is a plan. Para, hope you and lbj are doing well.

Posts: 6302 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes. I'm bringing this thread back to the top for our less frequent visitors.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigforum is the only place I spend internet time on. Thank you for making this place the way it is.

Posts: 516 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for not being a sellout and get well soon.

Posts: 105 | Location: Melbourne Beach | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been 3 or 4 years since I've wandered about some other gun forums,
so,
I researched some rifle and brand name pistol web sites

O.m.g.

The ratio of quality information / discussion to ad's seems to hover
right around
40% quality info/ discussion to
40% ad's
Eek

With 20 additional % being non sense

We regulars are spoiled ,
I can't imagine sifting
through all that mess and
Nonsense to pass the time and learn.

Evedently there must be some healthy income involved in
Renting space on an internet forum.

( Based on the tsunami of ads on a dozen other gun forum's )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I think everyone should check out what there is to offer out there forum-wise. We are so fortunate to have a GREAT place here with SOLID leaders to keep this going with the same and growing quality. I am in full support. Thanks Para!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Yep, still the best corner of the interwebs. Glad it will remain so!

Glad to hear you're on the mend boss!

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para for safeguarding this place. Thanks LDD for your current and future leadership.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update...also, after checking out your Dear Diary post, we are certainly praying for your continued healing and health.

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
This was getting to the bottom of the first page so...

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this information. Good to know the forum will be here for future generations.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best wishes to you,Para, and to all who make this forum the best. Although I don’t post a lot, I am on this site daily for news, updates, and verification of what I have been reading other places -WSJ, Hillsdale pubs, etc.
If I can help financially, I’d be happy to do so. Regards to all.
Blackhorse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para. This is the best forum I have ever found, and very much appreciated. Glad you are taking care of yourself, and the forum for us.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
To Para, LBJ, LDD and all the moderators. Thank you for all you have done. This is truly the greatest forum on the internet. It's not just a gun forum, it's a life forum.

I've learned so much here over the years that words can't express it. I'm on this site several times a day, everyday. It's often the first place I visit when I start my browser.

Words can't express my gratitude but I will try with a simple "Thank you" and "You guys are the best".

Cheers!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
To Para, LBJ, LDD and all the moderators. Thank you for all you have done. This is truly the greatest forum on the internet. It's not just a gun forum, it's a life forum.

I've learned so much here over the years that words can't express it. I'm on this site several times a day, everyday. It's often the first place I visit when I start my browser.

Words can't express my gratitude but I will try with a simple "Thank you" and "You guys are the best".

Cheers!

Ditto sigarms...I’ve learned tons via this forum. I don’t “do” FaceBook...my wife says that this forum is my FaceBook.
Example...
Me: I want a sous vide cooker for Fathers’ Day
Her: Where did you learn about sous vide cooking?
Me: SIGforum
Her: Ahhhh, cool, your gun FaceBook

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks the status update, and the foresight to plan for the future. Y’all have worked hard and with justifiable pride to make Sigforum a very neat place to visit and be a part of.
Thanks again!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post