SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The future of SIGforum
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of SIGforum Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Best of luck in the distant future. You got big shoes to fill.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Having just seen this post I scanned only the first page and last. I know, I know but it’s what time allowed. I want to say thanks to LDD for picking up the mantle and to Para and LBJ for coming up with a plan. I truly appreciate this place from its early inception talking to you Mike. Man, the places it gone.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Para -- Thank you for all you have done to create this community, and now for your forethought and continued selflessness in assuring it has a succession plan. I am not surprised at all by your well considered actions, but of course so grateful that you've seen to SIGforum's continuity.

After reading your other thread just now, I want to also thank you for sharing of yourself here. Because you're not only a pretty terrific writer, but you're funny as hell too.
And your judgement and decisions keep the wheels on the rails so extraordinarily well that I can honestly say there simply is nowhere else I'd rather go.

Be well. May death find himself distracted elsewhere for decades to come.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Para, Hope you have a speedy recovery and are around for a long time to come.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't post a lot, but this is the best place to be on the internet. Thanks to para and LDD and all the others for making it a place I usually visit daily.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Para you are one of a kind, somehow I missed your other big thread (off to that now). I hope all is well and Sig Forum lives on just as you have taking such great care of her. Like many others, this place is the very first thing I look at each day and normally the last.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Thanks for giving us this place guys.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para for giving me the best forum on the net.

I don't post all the time but I've been watching this forum since 2003 and a lot of the good is the moderation here.

This has been a real good run so far

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your planning and thinking of this place! I appreciate that the forum looks the same today as it did at least since the mid-2000's.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
My trust in Para and his choice of LDD, I feel safe that the transition ( hopefully a very long time from now ) will be an easy one. I appreciate SIGforum management for the hard work they do. God Bless all involved. Stay healthy.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
God's speed to both Para and LDD. This place is precious and rare in our world today. It would be difficult for anyone to fully know how much so.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it sad that people wax poetic at funerals and bring flowers in remebernce. Yet they didn't take the time to visit or speak with the deceased prior to their departure or the family.

Now I try to do just that...visit, call, and send flowers NOW. Thanking that person for being who they are and being a part of my life.

Having said that statement...
I grew much wiser from being involved here.
I'm very glad to say to Mike "Para", and all of the other moderators here, that I tremendously appreciate all that goes on to keep this website running so well!
Thank you also for the forethought to keep your legacy going for the long term.

I financially supported a different website in the past, I wouldn't hesitate to do so here if it were to come about.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This world needs more people like Para. Thank you sir for everything, past, present, and future.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to all for the kind words and the support.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t post much and I am sure I’ve done the “wrong” thing here once or thrice and to be honest I don’t always agree with the way this house is run. I haven’t read this whole thread but will do so.

And you know what, none of that means jack shit. This place is run equally and fairly and is one of the few places on the net that I have called home for......well hell a GREAT many years.

So what I am saying is tell me what is necessary or where I need to cut the check to keep this place running AS IS no changes and as Ole’ Jack Burton likes to say....the check is in the mail.

Take care Para and Ranger on. LDD is a great choice and I am happy to embrace that....WHEN AND ONLY WHEN NECESSARY. Feel better. No slight to LDD, just prefer you to feel better and Ranger on.

Take care, shoot safe,
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well shit after reading all 10 pages and having a tear in my eye all I can muster is.......so LDD can I actually post a thread about CDNN now? Smile. I keeeed. I keeeeed!!!

Seriously though any help to keep afloat I am happy to offer what I can.

And again to Para, you can be a special kind of bastard.....and I say that with all the love in my heart. The world needs more special kinds a bastards so like I said Ranger on, dammit.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
About all I can say is you do what you gotta do Para for your health and well being. Very much appreciate you have the forethought to consider us members with the possible transition. My one and only firearms Forum is dear to my heart, but a friends health Trumps all. Be well!
sigguy(the 1st)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Wow close call, pretty cool we have doctors on board. Glad everything turned out good for you.

This place Rocks!!

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have never liked change and dont believe I will start now. The Eagle has been here with us from the start. We need you to remain Para. Please do what the Docs advise, no matter how hard, to keep your health. Yes once in a while you can have pie.. Big Grin. Stay with us sir. I dont know Sig Forum any other way. I will you strength and a path to good health. Stay with us.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Thinking ahead about ones mortality and about those they leave behind is the mark of a real squared away, diligent, and thoughtful person.

Para, thanks for a great site and all you do for us.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post