SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got lucky , mine won't initiate a conversation but will take part when engaged

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
My ex, however, it was like non-stop all fucking day long and always ended in an argument.

I read that as "non stop fucking all day long" and I was thinking to myself, "what's the problem with that?"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
My ex, however, it was like non-stop all fucking day long and always ended in an argument.
I read that as "non stop fucking all day long" and I was thinking to myself, "what's the problem with that?"
If it lasts more than 4 hours ...

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
And there is no way she can be quiet for more than 45 seconds. No way at all.

I think I married her sister!!!!!

She must have a lot of sisters, because I married one of them too. Big Grin

I love my wife dearly, but try sitting on the porch to enjoy the evening and she will last 30 seconds (maybe) before she has to start talking.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
just tell her to be quite. Wink

quite what?
Quite quiet!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has all been in fun and Lord knows I have contributed to it but the more of these comments I read, the more I consider, that there must be someone among us , who has lost a wife and would give all he has to be able to hear that voice one more time, if only for a minute . Sorry, fellas, must be the emotion of Fathers'Day getting to me . I know I would give all I have for one more minute of conversation with my father.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I sat on the patio this evening with my wife and daughter and enjoyed every moment!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
just tell her to be quite. Wink

quite what?

Quite quiet.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Enjoy Big Grin

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6C95Vy8jeg

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
I married a librarian. Problem solved.

Wink

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
It could be worse... it could be raining.
Big Grin

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of this scene (0:00 - 1:20, anyway).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The audiologist programmed my hearing aids so that if I reach behind my ear and press and hold one of the control buttons, the hearing aids are muted.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
Read some time ago an article putting forth that, on average a man says 7000 words a day... a woman 14,000.
Which helps explain why when a man comes home from work he may be rather quiet. Though the wife still has 7000 words left to ~spend.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
The average woman speaks 20,000 words a day, the average male 7,000. And that average for males has to be skewed, seems to me more like 500.
That's because you're not counting the 3,250 "yes" and 3,250 "dear's."

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Women have a fixed number of words per day that they must say, or they die. I've told my wife that I highly encourage her to have girlfriends to talk to throughout the day to exhaust the word count before I get home.

When she starts talking endlessly, I just remind myself that she's just running through the word count and I just zone out and throw in a "sure" or an "okay" or a "wow, that's too bad" once in a while and it helps the time pass.

It helps if I think about something that requires a lot of thought, like how could I make an M14 rear lugged bedding insert and epoxy it into a McMillan with the correct draw pressure, or how how many mil dot marks a brisket of a deer would be used at 100 to 600 yards. It gives the illusion that I'm really concentrating on the issues she's having with some other woman at work, church, or in the family.

Just pause your thought once in a while to take note of the woman, co-worker or relative that she has issue with. It gives you a chance to at give the illusion that you're following her conversation if she should test you.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The audiologist programmed my hearing aids so that if I reach behind my ear and press and hold one of the control buttons, the hearing aids are muted.

Filed away for future reference Big Grin

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post