SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
And there is no way she can be quiet for more than 45 seconds. No way at all.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
just tell her to be quiet. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
just tell her to be quite. Wink

Oh yeah, that will end well. Smile

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
It could be worse... it could be raining.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
just tell her to be quite. Wink

quite what?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

You're a lucky man. It means she loves you.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Ha! I expected a nice story about enjoying simple, quiet time with the wife....guess not. Wink

Many a man has complained that the wife unit should have come with a mute button.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was the phase of the moon?

The 4 of us went out to eat last eve & the same was going on here. I just ate, offered a word or 2, and seeing if she would slow down, never happened.

When we got home I found some lawn to mow. The hum of the Cub Cadet was more comforting.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is the opposite, we take several 3-mile / 45 minute walks a week.

Unless there is something on her mind that she wants to discuss, she'll easily go 20 minutes without saying a word.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1933 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:

Unless there is something on her mind that she wants to discuss, she'll easily go 20 minutes without saying a word.

I don't suppose she has a less loquacious sister? Razz

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:

I don't suppose she has a less loquacious sister? Razz

Haha, she does have an older sister, unfortunately the sister is quite bossy, and much more talkative. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1933 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
If they aren't talking they're mad, right?

Posts: 7449 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
If they aren't talking they're mad, right?

Not that that's a bad thing... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Wife and I can sit on the deck together, take a long drive together, and it's like I'm alone. She will not miss a idle moment to be face down in her phone.
Truth is doesn't bother me like it used to. After 36 years of marriage I think we have said about all there is to say. Smile

What does bother me is when she starts to recite to me all the postings she finds on Facebook of people I really don't know nor care what their review is of some movie they went to the previous night or how good the food was at the local Mexican place in which I have eaten everything on the menu myself. I have told her this and it has since stopped.

She is a phone/social media addict. She is not alone by any means. I always make it a point when I am in any public place and look around to see how many people are face down in their phones. It's probably 50% at any given time.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I often joke about this subject. We can sit in the same room reading or watching TV for hours and only say a few things to each other. We love going places together and being with each other, but just don't have that much to say. Smile

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my wife is on the quiet side. If she has something to say, she says it, but very little idle chatter.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And that's how the fight started.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

I think I married her sister!!!!!

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My wife's last few months before retiring as an elementary teacher, she was extra wound up and anxious as her career she loved wound down. One morning before school, I'm half asleep and she tells a story of something dramatic that happened at school. It was like the story that just wouldn't end. Maybe she was a little yipped up on coffee and endorphins, the speed of the chatter was incredible. I tried as best I could to remain engaged, but I likely had a bit of "will this ever end?" on my face.

My level of engagement was just enough for her to not get mad at me for not paying attention and eventually finished the story without me asking if it was time for her to go.

As a man of few words, I was amazed as I often am, at her vocal endurance. I told her that one story was likely the amount of words I'd use for several days.

Posts: 7449 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some women go by the theory that as long as their mouth is moving, they can never die. I once had a very talkative next door neighbor. My father-in-law at the time was a good old country boy, who got cornered by her in the yard. When he finally escaped and made it inside, his comment was, "Lordy! I believe that woman was vaccinated with a phonograph needle ."

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post