SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife does not talk much, while I on the other hand am a talker.

She complains at times "I" talk too much.

Bitch! Wink

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Solution:
Wife = Front Yard
Husband = Back Yard

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I talked to mine 3 times last week.

Being a polite person, I just don't like to interrupt her.

Big Grin

Posts: 11813 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, it's timing. The last tem minutes of a good movie (I bought a DVR), or as I'm heading out the door to work.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminded of one of my favorite Will Rogers quotes:

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, if I CAN get a word in edgewise, I have to ask her if she ever uses punctuation. Like periods and commas.

The thing that pisses me off most is, when I am busy and on a roll, she will be talking to herself as if she is talking to me. I have to stop what I am doing and backtrack to where I can actually here what she is saying, she will reply "I was just talking to myself".

My favorite saying to her is"please don't make me live inside your head. I need a moment of peace once in a while just to remember who I am". But that never works.

Damn! I just realized,... I have been talking to myself as well. Which negates all that I just said.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I married the much quieter of two sisters. Mine's not quite the cook the other one is, but then again silence is golden at times.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
just tell her to be quite. Wink

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8240078524

Posts: 635 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
In the mid-1990s I had a GF who was a non-stop talker. Commentary on everything.

Once I said, "You're going to tell me every thought that has ever entered your mind, and when I've heard every idea and remembrance, you'll start all over again, won't you?"

She smiled and said, "Yes".

Very smooth elbows, divorced, 6-year-old daughter, lived with mom, great job. She wanted a 2-month "Holiday BF". Dumped me mid-February.

One of my favorite memories was coming back from skiing. The Lehigh Tunnel was somehow closed for a period. Traffic was at a standstill. I shut off the engine, and we sat in silence holding hands (that truck had no radio, no AC, just four wheels and an engine). There was something special, being part of humanity but powerless to do anything. We were safe, warm, had provisions (she was a planner), and no one could take away that moment of having to do absolutely nothing.

She was amazed I was so opposite of her last BF, who would have been livid, red-faced, striking the wheel and honking, angry at her and the world. But my thought was that I had her all to myself, her full attention.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I identified with the fellow, who said that often his wife will say something out of the blue that makes no sense at all until he realizes that is a continuation of a conversation they were having two weeks ago.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
My wife and I often joke about this subject. We can sit in the same room reading or watching TV for hours and only say a few things to each other. We love going places together and being with each other, but just don't have that much to say. Smile

Companionable silence. One of life's pleasures. My wife appreciates it too, so I'm lucky.

When we were younger, we could share the couch for hours, maintaining body contact but not saying a word, each of us reading a book. We had other times set aside for talking.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The average woman speaks 20,000 words a day, the average male 7,000. And that average for males has to be skewed, seems to me more like 500.
BTW right now is the blessed quiet time of the day before my wife gets up. Eek

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
And there is no way she can be quiet for more than 45 seconds. No way at all.

Lucky you! i just spent 3 hours with the new girl, making her dinner and, she hardly said a thing. It didn't take me long to realize she had nothing to say because she didn't care and was bored. If she is talking she cares and is looking to interact with you. Count your blessings.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Duct tape? Razz

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMCE4retired:
Sometimes, if I CAN get a word in edgewise, I have to ask her if she ever uses punctuation. Like periods and commas.

That's my wife, exactly - I call it "streaming". There's never a pause to say anything back.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Mine will get sidetracked with details i really dont care about, i have to remind her to get back to the story at hand. This is why i wake up hours before everyone else in the house (except my son who i swear only sleeps 3 hours a night) and sit on the porch with a cigar and a cup of coffee. Just me and silence and maybe a few bullfrogs.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:

Lucky you! i just spent 3 hours with the new girl, making her dinner and, she hardly said a thing. It didn't take me long to realize she had nothing to say because she didn't care and was bored. If she is talking she cares and is looking to interact with you. Count your blessings.

Or it's because the last one dumped her for talking so much and she's learned how to bait that hook. Big Grin

And don't get me wrong, i love my wife very much and consider her my best friend. But i will not be taking her deer hunting anytime soon.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I identified with the fellow, who said that often his wife will say something out of the blue that makes no sense at all until he realizes that is a continuation of a conversation they were having two weeks ago.

Big Grin

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I feel your pain brother...

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky. My current wife is more reflective than vocal.

My ex, however, it was like non-stop all fucking day long and always ended in an argument.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post