SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    so far 43 guns stolen from gun range in memphis $5000 rerward
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

so far 43 guns stolen from gun range in memphis $5000 rerward Login/Join 
Picture of kg5388
posted
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...-5000-reward-offered

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is offering a reward for information leading to an arrest after a theft from a gun range.

On July 1, at least 43 guns were reported stolen from Range USA on Whitten Road. Investigators are still checking to see if any more guns were taken.

ATF is offering a $2,500 reward that will be matched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation for a total of $5,000 for the arrest of the burglar(s).

If you know anything about who may have taken these firearms, call ATF at 800-ATF-GUNS or MPD at 901-528-CASH.

Jessica Holley is looking deeper into this crime. She’ll have a full report tonight on WMC Action News 5 at 5 p.m.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Shit! That will arm a lot of gang-bangers!

Hope they catch the crooks!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Well, maybe they're Rotarians.

Posts: 107264 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, maybe they're Rotarians

No probably Chamber of Commerce members.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen until now. That stinks because they are a good place to do consignments so there are usually some nice collector type pieces there at any given time.
Also a SOT for class 3 transfers so I hope nothing that has been sitting there in "jail" for anyone got nabbed.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I'll see you your 43 firearms, and raise you 90 lbs of stolen ammonium nitrate blasting agent for that $5000 offered by the ATF. This happened last month, and is just now being reported. I guess someone wanted to have a memorable 4th of July.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/3581...es-in-jeffersonville

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
From The Simpsons:

Homer: I've joined the Movementarians, Marge.
Marge: You WHAT?
Homer: I've joined the Movementarians. And so have all of you.
Marge: We WHAT?
Homer: All I had to give them was our life savings, the deed to our house, and a commitment of 10 trillion years of labor.
Marge: I can't go along with this, Homer.
Homer: Marge, when I join an underground cult, I expect a little support from my family.
Lisa: Do you think you might have been brainwashed, Dad?
Homer: I haven't been brainwashed.
[Goes glassy eyed]
Homer: Kill the girl. Kill the girl.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Can't they just check the paperwork on the background checks? The left is always telling us that they will stop criminals from getting guns.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Can't they just check the paperwork on the background checks? The left is always telling us that they will stop criminals from getting guns.

I fear that they didn't have time to fill out the proper forms during their heist.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hope they catch the crooks!!!

RMD

43 to be exact.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I fear that they didn't have time to fill out the proper forms during their heist.

But that's illegal!

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
don't know if this story is related or not,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...tolen-gun-cache.html

Memphis cops zapped thieves who were stealing guns and electricity, according to a report.

The bust last week recovered 27 stolen guns at a home, including a rifle that belonged to a local sheriff’s office, Fox 13 Memphis reports.

Workers from the Memphis utility company suspected the homeowners were stealing electricity, the station reported. They spotted an extension cord stretching to the home from another residence.

When the workers showed up at the house, they saw several guns and called police.

The cops showed up with a search warrant, the station reported.

The stolen guns included semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and handguns.

Officers interviewed the home’s eight occupants, the station reported. None knew how the guns got there.

The rifle stolen from the Chester County Sheriff’s Office in Henderson was found in a car parked in the driveway of the home.

Two women and two men were arrested in connection with the stolen guns, the station reported.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Officers interviewed the home’s eight occupants, the station reported. None knew how the guns got there

Boy that is a shocker!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I bought a like new Vertec on consignment from them just a couple days before that happpened. Glad I bought it when I did.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.thegazette.com/subj...rms-dealers-20170719

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jeremy and John? What kinda weird-ass names are those?

Posts: 107264 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's Iowa for you.

I bet they are Presbyterians, too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin
I giggled

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wouldn't Rotarians steal the revolvers but leave everything else?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post