so far 43 guns stolen from gun range in memphis $5000 rerward

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4260088624

July 06, 2017, 02:55 PM
kg5388
so far 43 guns stolen from gun range in memphis $5000 rerward
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...-5000-reward-offered

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is offering a reward for information leading to an arrest after a theft from a gun range.

On July 1, at least 43 guns were reported stolen from Range USA on Whitten Road. Investigators are still checking to see if any more guns were taken.

ATF is offering a $2,500 reward that will be matched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation for a total of $5,000 for the arrest of the burglar(s).

If you know anything about who may have taken these firearms, call ATF at 800-ATF-GUNS or MPD at 901-528-CASH.

Jessica Holley is looking deeper into this crime. She’ll have a full report tonight on WMC Action News 5 at 5 p.m.

July 06, 2017, 03:02 PM
rduckwor
Shit! That will arm a lot of gang-bangers!

Hope they catch the crooks!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
July 06, 2017, 03:06 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Well, maybe they're Rotarians.
July 06, 2017, 03:10 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
Well, maybe they're Rotarians

No probably Chamber of Commerce members.
July 06, 2017, 03:12 PM
dusty3030
I have not seen until now. That stinks because they are a good place to do consignments so there are usually some nice collector type pieces there at any given time.
Also a SOT for class 3 transfers so I hope nothing that has been sitting there in "jail" for anyone got nabbed.
July 06, 2017, 03:57 PM
2BobTanner
I'll see you your 43 firearms, and raise you 90 lbs of stolen ammonium nitrate blasting agent for that $5000 offered by the ATF. This happened last month, and is just now being reported. I guess someone wanted to have a memorable 4th of July.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/3581...es-in-jeffersonville

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken
July 06, 2017, 04:45 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
From The Simpsons:

Homer: I've joined the Movementarians, Marge.
Marge: You WHAT?
Homer: I've joined the Movementarians. And so have all of you.
Marge: We WHAT?
Homer: All I had to give them was our life savings, the deed to our house, and a commitment of 10 trillion years of labor.
Marge: I can't go along with this, Homer.
Homer: Marge, when I join an underground cult, I expect a little support from my family.
Lisa: Do you think you might have been brainwashed, Dad?
Homer: I haven't been brainwashed.
[Goes glassy eyed]
Homer: Kill the girl. Kill the girl.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 06, 2017, 09:32 PM
Green Highlander
Can't they just check the paperwork on the background checks? The left is always telling us that they will stop criminals from getting guns.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
July 07, 2017, 06:29 AM
rduckwor
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Can't they just check the paperwork on the background checks? The left is always telling us that they will stop criminals from getting guns.

I fear that they didn't have time to fill out the proper forms during their heist.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
July 09, 2017, 09:11 AM
Ronin101
quote:

Hope they catch the crooks!!!

RMD

43 to be exact.
July 09, 2017, 09:16 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
I fear that they didn't have time to fill out the proper forms during their heist.

But that's illegal!
July 16, 2017, 09:59 PM
sdy
don't know if this story is related or not,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...tolen-gun-cache.html

Memphis cops zapped thieves who were stealing guns and electricity, according to a report.

The bust last week recovered 27 stolen guns at a home, including a rifle that belonged to a local sheriff’s office, Fox 13 Memphis reports.

Workers from the Memphis utility company suspected the homeowners were stealing electricity, the station reported. They spotted an extension cord stretching to the home from another residence.

When the workers showed up at the house, they saw several guns and called police.

The cops showed up with a search warrant, the station reported.

The stolen guns included semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and handguns.

Officers interviewed the home’s eight occupants, the station reported. None knew how the guns got there.

The rifle stolen from the Chester County Sheriff’s Office in Henderson was found in a car parked in the driveway of the home.

Two women and two men were arrested in connection with the stolen guns, the station reported.
July 16, 2017, 10:14 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
Officers interviewed the home’s eight occupants, the station reported. None knew how the guns got there

Boy that is a shocker!
July 17, 2017, 12:33 AM
copaup
I bought a like new Vertec on consignment from them just a couple days before that happpened. Glad I bought it when I did.
July 20, 2017, 01:14 PM
bendable
http://www.thegazette.com/subj...rms-dealers-20170719

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
July 20, 2017, 01:29 PM
parabellum
Jeremy and John? What kinda weird-ass names are those?
July 20, 2017, 01:53 PM
Sig2340
quote:

That's Iowa for you.

I bet they are Presbyterians, too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
July 22, 2017, 03:02 PM
bendable
quote:

Big Grin
I giggled

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
July 22, 2017, 07:39 PM
whanson_wi
quote:
quote:

Wouldn't Rotarians steal the revolvers but leave everything else?

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.