SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I wasn't looking to buy a Ducati, but....(Updated Page 3)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wasn't looking to buy a Ducati, but....(Updated Page 3) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Awesome !!

That seems like an incredible deal for such a monster. I don't know Ducati, but that seems like 1/2 or 1/3 price.

MDS

Posts: 375 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Hey rainman is that triple black, 2007 with about 18k miles? If so I actually spoke to seller today about it if not, please tell me how to find your seller on that triple as I am interested?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Checks all the boxes:
Red, trellis frame, Italian, fast.
Great score.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Nice! It’s not an ST1300 mind you, but very nice! Razz

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I've got a friend in Scotland who does rally races and has a few Ducatis. He posts videos on Facenook that stress me out just to watch. There's "go fast" and then there's that fast. Enjoy, and be careful with it. Big Grin

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very very nice. First thing you're going to want to do is replace the 9 year old tires!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they are truly beautiful. And at that price it is a true steal. When the rules advantaged the big twins in the series where I race, I raced a 1198s for a short time. The most horrible racing bike that I've ever tried on the tracks that I race.
That said I have tons of left over parts from that era if you have any interest in any upgraded parts.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That would seem to be a hellva buy. Congrats and be careful.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My back start to hurt when I saw that riding position.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful bike. Always wanted a Duc...

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I hate you. Big Grin
So much awesome.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Brings back a lot of memories. A Ducati was the very first motorcycle that I ever wrecked, way back in December of 1963.

Too fast around the curve, left the road, managed to miss the telephone pole with the bike, but hit the pole with me. Ouch!

Still a really beautiful bike you've got.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a gorgeous bike! Very cool find too. That price and condition with those miles...wow.

Very good score. Engine braking a 90° Twin is like having a front row seat to a mechanical symphony, it’s truly a special thing to experience. Twins are fun. That one should be an absolute blast. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty sir! Congrats on the killer deal. Cool

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful bike! Was never mature enough to own one......

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome bike and even awesomer deal!! A tri colore no less!!
I currently own 4 Ducatis, and had 2 previously. They are simply awesome bikes that require some extra maintenance. I call them the Harley of the performance/sport bike world. They have "soul". Unlike their Japanese brethren.

The getting to know each other period is the best part IMO. Enjoy it when the weather improves, and of course, be careful!

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Let's not kid ourselves here, everyone who likes this type of motorcycle is looking to buy one. At that price, I would have bought two if they were available. Nice find.

When I bought my 1998 ZX-9R new in 1998, the insurance was $5,000 a year. The bike was just under $10k out the door, so I didn't get the insurance. I still have the motorcycle. Out of curiosity, I asked what a 916 would cost to insure, the answer was $700 a year. Go figure.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey Rainman what are your thoughts on this? A new Ducati halo bike is in the works

$100,000 for a motorcycle?! Eek The specs are wild. 152kg (335 lbs) and 234hp!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Nice find! You probably already know, but regardless the miles, unless the belts have been changed in the last few years, you likely want to change them

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Did you get a copy of the dyno sheet? Would love to see that

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post