SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I wasn't looking to buy a Ducati, but....(Updated Page 3)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wasn't looking to buy a Ducati, but....(Updated Page 3) Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Hey Rainman what are your thoughts on this? A new Ducati halo bike is in the works

$100,000 for a motorcycle?! Eek The specs are wild. 152kg (335 lbs) and 234hp!

OMG

Is a life insurance policy included?

Italia let me find a way to post it
I have owned a Ducati since 2003.

Yeah belts are included in the refurb.
I have to rebuild it as the gas sat in it since 2010.
Fuel pump, air filter, fuel filter, belts, spark plugs....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Dyno

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainman64,

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Heck of a barn find.
Congrats.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Looky there, was the seller in Willow Park?

I filled up there at Brookshires day before yesterday. Us west metroplex folks are going have to get together some time.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Before I pulled all the fairings off, it was powerwashed and waxed.

Now I am pulling it all off to get to the fuel dump and change belts and plugs.

Bella naked:

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Looky there, was the seller in Willow Park?

I filled up there at Brookshires day before yesterday. Us west metroplex folks are going have to get together some time.

It was in Mingus. A hell of a drive from Terrell.
Might be the same guy. His name was Bill just like mine. Guy that owned the gun range where it was stored at was named Bill.
We had three Bill's in one room. I thought a black hole might form.....

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you can't see the dyno.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I can’t see the dyno.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ducati makes some great looking motorcycle,always wanted one but never got around to getting one. A number of years ago I went to a dealership to buy Monster, but they had a crazy deal on a used Aprilia Falco. I ended up getting the Falco.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Can you see it now?

Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
Can you see it now?

Yes, it does show. 187HP totally makes sense to me now, as it's reporting SAE Corrected HP (at crank) rather than rear wheel HP. The magazines were reporting about 185 at the crank with the Termi/ECU kit, so your's is right in there.

Given the bike sat that long with gas in it (likely with ethanol), it's very fortunate to have an aluminum tank. Congrats again on your find - I've ridden friends 1098S's and it's a fun bike. Your 1198 will be a torque monster!!

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Yes, it does show. 187HP totally makes sense to me now, as it's reporting SAE Corrected HP (at crank) rather than rear wheel HP. The magazines were reporting about 185 at the crank with the Termi/ECU kit, so your's is right in there.
Your 1198 will be a torque monster!!

Yes I am lucky.
I was lucky the dealer had the dyno sheet.
Lucky on the tank although I have refurbed my Duc steel tank with rust before, so no biggie.

But lucky on the find, highway robbery with a willing victim!
:0

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Stickman,
On the forum I administer, there is someone going to Italy to consider purchasing the 100K Ducati Superleggera V4.

Eek

I like the livery ok, but the body work leaves me a little off.

I still prefer this bike and guess it will always be my favorite.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yeah. The Ducatis without wings do have a cleaner look for sure. I wasn’t a fan at all of the winglets when I first saw them but they are slowly growing on me.

At some point I’m going to own a Ducati. Probably a twin but the V4 is quite tempting.

I found an article you might enjoy Rainman. V4 verses inline four This is a fascinating breakdown of the pros and cons of the V4 verses the i4 in MotoGP. I like that Suzuki and Yamaha soldier on with the inline four even though most teams have moved to the V4.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
So this past weekend, I changed the Desmo belts, spark plugs, replaced the fuel filters, washed out the tank, changed the oil, etc....

What does fuel do to a pump in 9 years?

This:

Now she lives!
https://www.facebook.com/bill....218857592344962/?t=0

Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Bella sure is a looker! Congrats!

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bella, indeed.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Sex on wheels, Bro!

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now she lives!

Requires one to log in to view. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now she lives!

Can’t view, because I don’t have and won’t have a Facebook. Share the pictures here?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post