SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    God San Francisco sucks. Video of druggies shooting up in transit station.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

God San Francisco sucks. Video of druggies shooting up in transit station. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
San Francisco drug users shoot up in the middle of rush hour at rail station in shocking video

Fox News - Video at link, can't embed.

Dozens of drug users -- some slumped over and others shooting up -- are becoming near-permanent fixtures at some San Francisco rail stations, with a shocking video this week showing rush hour commuters hurrying past the addicts to reach the trains.

The video, taken at the Civic Center BART and Muni stations, also appeared to show a group of unconscious men and women -- and vomit -- on both sides of the hallway.

“Every day. Every morning. 5:30 to 6 o’clock. You can see there’s dozens of them. Needles everywhere. Crack. Heroin,” Shannon Gafford, who shot the video, told CBS San Francisco.

San Francisco Mayor Mark Farrell vowed to make sure something gets done.

“The situation in our BART stations is simply unacceptable,” he told the station. “Borders on disastrous.”

San Francisco BART officials expressed concerns after the video surfaced.

BART Director Bevan Dufty, who is responsive for the Civic Center Station, told CBS San Francisco the video was “very sobering” and it discourages commuters.

“We’re losing some riders, and I know it’s because of these circumstances,” Dufty said. “And so we’re going to work very hard to see a change.”

An increased police presence would be needed to combat the open drug use, BART police Lt. Gil Lopez told the station, adding there aren’t enough officers to combat homelessness and drugs.

“I know that riders want to see a more visible presence that is a deterrent, and I want people to know this is a priority to us as BART, and me as the director responsible for this station,” Dufty said.

########

Some scary crap right there, I can't believe that is allowed in California. I feel sorry for anyone who has to live there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Front loader & dump truck...followed by a street sweeper. Problem solved.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:

Is that for the druggies in the transit station? Or for the populace/leaders who enable such? Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real outrage should be- Some poor smutz is financing their lifestyle= We the Taxpayers.

Heck give them a free heroin dispenser and let them solve the problem themselves.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

Is that for the druggies in the transit station? Or for the populace/leaders who enable such? Smile

Both if you ask me

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The big question is, why does it take a video aired on the news, to get something done?

Is anyone expected to believe that city administration, police department, and transportation department did not know about the situation?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's a real puzzler on how to stop this shit, huh? Such a fucking mystery. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wait... doesn't every city have this quaint scene happening also?

I saw the video. I can't imagine having to walk through those people shooting themselves up every day on my way to work. I can't imagine no BART police has seen them either. It's not like any of them look like they can scamper out of sight readily. And don't they have any video cameras at all???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Recently, I mentioned in another thread a friend of mine who travels to San Francisco several times a year. He says that the city has now degraded to the point that there is "no place to go to get away from the fuckery." He says that city government has abandoned its citizens and allowed the homeless to take over the city. He says the stories about human feces being everywhere are true and are, if anything, understated.

This thread is Exhibit A.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Recently, I mentioned in another thread a friend of mine who travels to San Francisco several times a year. He says that the city has now degraded to the point that there is "no place to go to get away from the fuckery." He says that city government has abandoned its citizens and allowed the homeless to take over the city. He says the stories about human feces being everywhere are true and are, if anything, understated.

This thread is Exhibit A.

If was a beautiful city to visit not that long ago. Now it’s not worth the 30 minute drive and 45 minute train ride to get there. No valid reason at all for me to go. It’s a shame.

Posts: 6360 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Old Testament-style retribution from Jehovah would be appropriate.

Sodom/Gommorrah, pillar of salt, etc

"I left my heart in San Fran..."

ffffffffffffffFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!!

posted Hide Post
Reports of Human Waste in San Francisco: https://willyem.carto.com/viz/...18d66dc29/public_map

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Old Testament-style retribution from Jehovah would be appropriate.

Sodom/Gommorrah, pillar of salt, etc

"I left me heart in San Fran..."

ffffffffffffffFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!!!

^^^
This guy... Big Grin

Ripe place for an earthquake and tsunami!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I do not willingly go to that shithole.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
And for some bizarre reason that I'll never understand, laws are being passed to decriminalize drugs. At least in some areas.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
“The situation in our BART stations is simply unacceptable,” he told the station. “Borders on disastrous.

And this numbnutz is just now finding out about it?!?!?!?!

This shit has been in the news for years, and nobody does shit about it. Altho, it seems to have gotten so bad that they don't know what to do. Should have never let it get started, let alone to this level.

IMO, this whole illicit drug problem is only going to get worse, and worse.

Until gubbermint starts taking some serious action against the dealers things are only going to get worse.

And by serious action I am talking death to the dealers, and I do not care if it is some dipstick selling joints, or selling any illegal drug. The ultra-lib idiots running those cities, and state gubbermint need to be tied to a post for letting this shit happen.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shit-holes that get all the attention are concentrated in a few places..unfortunately, those places are also the most visible: the tourist/hotel areas and the downtown business neighborhoods or, Financial District. Ain't gonna change when the police sweep in and get ididic responses like these. Special interests, like the DC Beltway, has infected .gov resulting in politicians without any spine to do the right thing.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:

Unless the city fathers change something, in a few years SF will become a self sustaining feces dump.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

Once again, Scoutmaster nails it!

The only hope for San Francisco - California as a whole - is for the PEOPLE to wake up and start voting Republican. The whole God-forsaken STATE needs to start voting for folks like Giuliani - folks who will put a stop to all of this ridiculous bullshit.

In other words, there's no hope for California.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Let it burn to the ground.

Either that or wall it off.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post