SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had an amazing week last week! (Found my birth mother)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had an amazing week last week! (Found my birth mother) Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That is an incredible story. God Bless you and her !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That's amazing news! Congratulations, so happy for you!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What an amazing story.

I can't imagine the emotions you went through during that period.

Did she answer a lot of the questions you must have had? 29 years of catching up.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Like a box of chocolates ain't it.
Congrats PorterN & God bless.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Happy to hear that. I can't imagine the thoughts and emotions that must have been coursing through you.

I always am glad to hear about the positives in life from my virtual buddies!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
very happy for you

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's so awesome!
Did you feel any sort of a connection when you first met?
Do you think you will stay in touch?

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm pleased to see that your relationship had a smooth start. My sister was adopted, but as a newborn and has never opted to seek out her birth parents. I've kinda assumed out of some kind of (misguided?) loyalty to my mother, with whom she's very close. I've wondered many times if I would try to find my parents if I were in her shoes.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Too cool. Thanks for sharing the great news and amazing story. In a world dominated by bad news it sure is nice to hear good stories like yours.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
My sister was adopted, but as a newborn and has never opted to seek out her birth parents. I've kinda assumed out of some kind of (misguided?) loyalty to my mother, with whom she's very close.

How old is your sister?
It may come later in life, if she's still fairly young.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm pleased to see that your relationship had a smooth start. My sister was adopted, but as a newborn and has never opted to seek out her birth parents. I've kinda assumed out of some kind of (misguided?) loyalty to my mother, with whom she's very close. I've wondered many times if I would try to find my parents if I were in her shoes.

i was adopted at 4 days old, so i was an infant too.

I always wondered, and did all my searchings in secret - the internet is a wonderful tool for perusing forums and lists and databases and such. I do believe if my mom were alive she would try to be happy for me, but I worry that she'd have had some concerns or have to fight feeling inadequate or like she was going to be replaced. But she would've still been supportive, of course. Her youngest brother was adopted, only it was a bit more open of an adoption. his biological mom would come around at christmas time - I didn't understand it as a kid, but she (the bio-mom) was very argumentative, petty, critical of my grandparents, and it caused quite a mess on a few occasions. of course, if there's drama in ANY of my extended family, it's that uncle.

But I digress...

when you're adopted a lot of questions asked of you are about your "real" parents. and "real" is a very unusually difficult word to define when talking about genetics vs. the only parents i've ever known - but its not something I ever took offense to, mind you. I was raised knowing that my biological mom was the means by which I needed to enter this world, but that God sent me to be with my adoptive family. (my mom was unable to have kids at all, hence the adoption.)

My dad is about as laid back, easy going, positive, encouraging, and genuine as a man can get. I know he's happy for me. I also know he knows I love him and no one can replace him as my dad.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
My sister was adopted, but as a newborn and has never opted to seek out her birth parents. I've kinda assumed out of some kind of (misguided?) loyalty to my mother, with whom she's very close.

How old is your sister?

She's 52. And like PorterN, she might be doing some discreet checking, but her party line has remained that she "doesn't want to know, this is my real family," etc. I'd be supportive of her either way, so long as she's happy.
It may come later in life, if she's still fairly young.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for you. I wish all adoption stories were like yours
I also was adopted at birth. When I was around 25 I started my search for my birth parents. The only information I found was my father is a resident of the Wisconsin department of corrections and will be for 2 life sentences well deserved by him. I still search for my birth mother. All I know is I am child number 8 and at the time of my birth she worked part time at McDonald's. I would like to meet her once even if she is halfway across the country.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post