SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *** Please Resize Your Avatar: JR78, DaveTruong ***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*** Please Resize Your Avatar: JR78, DaveTruong *** Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've never had a problem with anyone's avatar or even noticed a difference ~ so what's the difference? Confused

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I've never had a problem with anyone's avatar or even noticed a difference ~ so what's the difference? Confused

For people with limited bandwith (slow internet connections), it can make page loads last minutes, or just kill their connection. For those with phones on a limited data plan, it chews up their allowed monthly data unnecessarily.

If the image is not horribly big, it's usually not too much of an issue. However, three of the four avatars I called out are egregiously large. They are about 800x larger than the allowed 60x60 dimensions for an avatar.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
.38supersig, Icons won't take care of that HUGE avatar. Smile

It's this big:

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I have been asked to make my avatar larger. Wink

I see the second to have XLT make his avatar made larger.....all in favor say aye.

AYE

Nay. If I can’t, he shouldn’t.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have avatars turned off so I don’t have to worry about this

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have avatars turned off so I don’t have to worry about this

This, if you are offshore or have limited speed/dial up options, when you are on cell phone simply go into your profile, preferences page and select the option to hide signatures/avatars.

Yes I know you have a right to see all avatars in the proper size, but obviously that's not going to happen, so just turn them off when you are in a position that super large images cause problems as avatars

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
.38supersig, Icons won't take care of that HUGE avatar. Smile

It's this big:

It's resized and hosted.

Image URL:
https://i.postimg.cc/8PdTrY88/38supersig.jpg

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Is it too early for the Christmas ho ho ho's avatars?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
A little off subject, but what is the recommended size for posting pictures?

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

That was actually discussed in another thread months ago. I don't remember if a conclusion was reached. Do a search for it. Try "Image Size" as a search term.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
quote:

That was actually discussed in another thread months ago. I don't remember if a conclusion was reached. Do a search for it. Try "Image Size" as a search term.

You can’t go wrong with 640x480 or 800x600. That won’t blow out the page on most devices.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

60x60 on page 2 of thread and in the software of the board when you upload your image link. (also shown on page 2

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I can resize mine so you can see her better would that help? Razz

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Cool thanks!

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I can resize mine so you can see her better would that help? Razz

So long as your wife agrees to it, of course Wink

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post