SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Needle disposal boxes coming to some Starbucks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Needle disposal boxes coming to some Starbucks Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A good point made above even if the sharps container is there will a strung out dug user bother to dispose of the needle properly? Even with other options they are likely to still put it in the trash can or leave it on the floor, for someone to pick up or get injured with. This is sort of like seat belts in cars- they work great for crash survivability but only if you use them.
And how long until people start stealing the containers to obtain supplies of needles to use for illicit drug use?

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Originally I was no fan of Starbucks based on burnt tasting $4 coffee.

No one is paying $4 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Speaking of these disposal boxes, i saw some of these for the first time in New Jersey last week when I was at the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets and used the restroom. I couldn't understand at first what the hell it was doing there since the only place I've ever seen them before was in a doctor's office or hospital. Then it hit me, and I was disgusted.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

The company says that they will be installed at some locations because employees have found discarded bloody needles and syringes in bathrooms, USA Today reports. More than 3,750 workers have signed a petition asking for the boxes to be installed in “high-risk” bathrooms.

Looks like the employees asked for them in the high-risk areas. My assumption then is that this effort isn't company wide (not intended for legit health reasons like diabetics), only in the needle infested areas of SF, Seattle and other liberal meccas.

Why don't these knucklehead employees switch employment? Plenty of equally paying jobs out there that don't require constant contact with intravenous drug users. Heck, Chick Fil A won't require that you work Sundays!

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the employees asked for them in the high-risk areas. My assumption then is that this effort isn't company wide (not intended for legit health reasons like diabetics), only in the needle infested areas of SF, Seattle and other liberal meccas.

Why don't these knucklehead employees switch employment? Plenty of equally paying jobs out there that don't require constant contact with intravenous drug users. Heck, Chick Fil A won't require that you work Sundays!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My hunch is that they have something in common with their fellow employees. There seems to be a certain similarity between the employees from a political and cultural viewpoint. Just guessing really.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and yet as if I need another reason to stay out of Starbucks...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find it more than a little weird, I think it's truly bizarre that this younger generation of 20 somethings (millennial or post-millennial) spend whatever they have on frivolities like an over-priced cup of coffee but don't seem interested in saving up some money to 'get ahead', court a spouse, save for a house, and start family formation.

So when did you get to know my grandson? Razz

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Sure put in a sharps box.
I’m sure the addicts will use them... Roll Eyes

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starbucks seems to be fueling their own problems.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
why is everyone focusing on customers?

There is another demographic involved.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
This is the funniest thing I have heard all day, - thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
... urban outdoorsmen ...

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

As far as starbucks and their policy, could care less. Was forced to drink some of their coffee on a international flight several years ago. Cured me, and my wife of Starbucks crap.

Seriously. You're judging the coffee by what you got on an airplane. Here's a news flash to everyone. There is no such thing as a good cup of coffee on an airplane. Doesn't matter what kind of coffee they use. It's the water.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Rather comical isn't it. Hipsterbuck's will play hard ball with their employees when the employees fear for their safety, but not with the drugged up garbage they've welcomed into their stores and bathrooms who are creating the problem.

And a huge +1000 for the comment about the druggies actually using the boxes. I;d be shocked if 10% of the used needles went into these boxes.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post