SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Plain fried eggs can be so good!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plain fried eggs can be so good! Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Good nutrition too. I make ‘em in my Bialetti 8” Ceramic Pro nonstick frying pan, which I set into my Breville Smart Grill to cook. Some water in the pan makes steam that cooks the tops, so no need to flip ‘em. The top plate of the Breville heats too, and contributes to cooking of the tops.

Now out of the pan (below). The dark bits are from my herbed butter. No lace around the edge.

Now with salt, freshly-ground black pepper, and Cholula Green Pepper hot sauce. I’ve had a bite; they’re sooo good! All three yolks are fully set, but wholly translucent, even at their very bottoms. Just the way I like ‘em!

My cooking method is open-loop – all time and temperature. I don’t see the eggs until I take the Bialetti out of the Breville, but the method produces very consistent results.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That looks egg-cellent!

(My apologies, I couldn’t resist - truly, that looks great)!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Can't miss with the Cholula green.

I do the same thing with a tiny bit of water in the pan as well, but I just throw a lid on mine and pull it from the burner once the bottom is set and let it sit to finish cooking.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have to stop opening these food threads. Particularly after my morning workout!

Looks great.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Looks good

About once a month my smokin' hot wife will want a fried egg with a block of pan fried Panela cheese, they go well together

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I like a few fried eggs with Spam on white rice. Weird, I know. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't know how else you can fry an egg but plain. Of course you can do sunny side up, over medium, and over hard.

Scrambled, omelet, and boiled are different than frying for me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cast iron skillets work great for fried eggs!
Subtle favor enhancements can be achieved with different oils, greases, but it is hard to beat bacon grease!
Toast, biscuits, and potatoes or grits go well as side dishes!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I can have one egg at a time. If I have more it slightly sours my stomach. Doesn't make me sick but its enough unpleasantness to make me not do it.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I prefer mine over easy.

2 eggs over easy on top of a large Kodiak pancake, with a little salt and pepper, is a fantastic protein-heavy breakfast.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Cast iron skillets work great for fried eggs!
Subtle favor enhancements can be achieved with different oils, greases, but it is hard to beat bacon grease!
Toast, biscuits, and potatoes go well as side dishes!

I'm with Jim. Love my Stargazer cast iron skillets for breakfast duty.

A second to the #1 choice of bacon grease is Nutiva organic coconut oil with butter flavor. Smile

And as for any sauce on eggs, I prefer Lizano salsa. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
And if you have a source for farm fresh eggs like we do...more’s the better

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Very nice. Can't miss with the Cholula green.

I do the same thing with a tiny bit of water in the pan as well, but I just throw a lid on mine and pull it from the burner once the bottom is set and let it sit to finish cooking.

This is how I do it as well including the Cholula Green hot sauce. I do like my yokes runnier than the OP's however.

Jim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimbo54,

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Most unusual use of a Smart Grill ever.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I'm a scrambled and hard boiled egg person. But its hard to beat a home made egg mcmuffin as long as yoke's is not runny.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It's 6:00 PM and I was just wondering what to do for Friday night dinner. I have a New York Strip in the refrigerator, but nooooooooo I have to open this thread. Big Grin

I haven't used my Breville Smart Grill in 3 months or even a little longer.

Eggs it is! And some bacon and toast and avocado slices.

BTW I have cooked eggs by placing an ice cube in the pan. I have a lid that's smaller than the one that actually fits the pan, so it sits on the cooking surface and holds the steam in as the egg cooks. The steam really does help.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I prefer mine over easy.

2 eggs over easy on top of a large Kodiak pancake, with a little salt and pepper, is a fantastic protein-heavy breakfast.

Over Easy...with peeled sliced tomatoes, English Muffin, fig preserves.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Sounds Yum!

Sign me up!

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife could eat eggs 3 times a week. Once a month is plenty for me.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Nothing wrong with that.

Fried eggs , fried spam, rice, soy sauce, and a touch of Sriracha. Good stuff anytime of the day.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post