SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the skinny on iOS 13.2 - yay or nay?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the skinny on iOS 13.2 - yay or nay? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier and have read the thread. I am waiting until after Thanksgiving. It is a work phone. In fact I waiting for Tatortodd since his Coroporate IT told not to install. Good enough for me along with a smattering of problems noted here. Thanksgiving sounds fine.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Screen freezes too.

6S Plus, I've seen this or my phone app lock up a handful of times but otherwise it's been ok.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
6S Plus, I've seen this or my phone app lock up a handful of times but otherwise it's been ok.
I have the same phone, Rhino. Thanks for the tip and I'll be on the lookout for that. [thumbs up]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I posted earlier and have read the thread. I am waiting until after Thanksgiving. It is a work phone. In fact I waiting for Tatortodd since his Coroporate IT told not to install. Good enough for me along with a smattering of problems noted here. Thanksgiving sounds fine.
My employer’s IT not recommending an iOS update happens every 12-18 months. What normally happens is they’ll test Apple’s next release and give the OK to install (never seen Apple mess up twice in a row). I’ll post when I see the “go ahead” e-mail.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I appreciate your help. Go Boilermakers!

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, both iPhones in the V-Tail household are running just fine with the latest (most current) release of iOS.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
One issue that I can verify is that it seems as though iOS 13.2 is having RAM issues. I’ve noticed that pages open in Safari are having to be reloaded much more often when switching back and forth between apps. This has been reported on tech websites as well.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019...poor-ram-management/

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Reporting back after I updated to 13.2 last week...

I honestly don't use my phone to the fullest extent. Aside from phone calls, pretty much text, get on the internet very little, listen to some tunes when working out, and take some pics that I upload to Google Photos as soon as I can to save space on my phone. WiFi calling in the house still works just fine and other than a little hiccup this weekend with the Photos app, 13.2 seems to be running fine. For what I use my phone, I have no complaints.

I can't seem to figure out how to copy some music from iTunes down to my phone, but that's another issue.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not happy

screen brightness issues and every time I I click on a link, rather than just open it (which is what it sued to do), it now pops up two dialog boxes which I have to keep telling it to go away and just open the damned link

Apple has really screwed this one up and we need an upgrade back to about 3 versions before this abortion was released

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

every time I I click on a link, rather than just open it (which is what it sued to do), it now pops up two dialog boxes which I have to keep telling it to go away

My wife had that problem too... but I didn't. After a bit of investigation it seems the sensitivity / difference between a tap or click and a short press has been changed.

I got her to do a lighter short tap and the link works as before, just opening the link. She was actually making a tap that registered as a press and hold, and was getting the menus you mentioned. The difference is very small. Too small perhaps.

I tried and could reproduce the effect she was seeing on my phone by making slightly longer / slower clicks than I normally do.

Play with it... it will work! It even effects the flashlight etc.

As for some other issues...
One should ALWAYS go through the settings menus after an update, because sometimes Apple seems to think they know better how you use your phone than you do Big Grin. And sometimes the setting options themselves change, and Apple may not get it right for your preferences. Sometimes the settings an update can effect things like battery life and such...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Its dogshit.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
screen brightness issues and every time I I click on a link, rather than just open it (which is what it sued to do), it now pops up two dialog boxes which I have to keep telling it to go away and just open the damned link

On my iPad (not the iPhone), Safari does weird stuff, due to fancy multitasking/split screen stuff that I don’t want and don’t know how to turn off. Searching online so far has only told me how wonderful all this new stuff is. I don’t want new if it makes life more difficult for me.

Anyone here know how to turn this stuff off? In Settings/Safari, or Settings/Display or Accessibility I don’t see any controls for it.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
My Apple devices have been running fine on 13, including all the updates.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Iphone 8 is running ok but after a week my battery life has taken a hit for sure. I did a diagnostic and my battery is at 79% capacity anyways. They recommend a replacement when it gets below 80, but Im not sure I wanna pay for a new battery when Im getting a new phone in the next year anyways.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Iphone 8 is running ok but after a week my battery life has taken a hit for sure.

Yea appears to be a widespread issue, but an another update out 11/7 addresses the battery drain problem successfully according to user reports.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only problem I have noted is the number that appears in the phone icon that shows recent calls wont reset.
I had to shut that feature off.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Haven’t had any issues so far using it with an 8+.

Same here, no issues

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6s mostly working ok on 13.2.2 with the exception of some websites loading blank with Safari. Didn’t happen previous to 13. Downloaded Firefox Focus app and using it those blank websites appear as they should. Probably just some new Safari setting I’ve not figured out yet.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
13.2.2 - sounds like webz recommendation is to skip.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
13.2.2 - sounds like webz recommendation is to skip.

Yup. I just spent some time this morning researching it.

Apple really screwed the pooch with 13.x. And every time they release something to fix problems they create new ones. To add insult to injury: Sometimes w/o fixing the problems about which people have been complaining.

I really wish we'd stayed on 12.x in the ensigmatic household Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post