SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the skinny on iOS 13.2 - yay or nay?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the skinny on iOS 13.2 - yay or nay? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I'm on 13.1.2 (6S). I've been seeing intermittent drops in LTE connectivity. I have LTE but apps intermittently show no network connection. Comes back after awhile; phone services still functional during this connectivity loss.

iOS 13.2 - sounds like there are some bricking issues.

Not sure if I should install or not. Current status is not good. But then, I guess it could be worse with 13.2.....?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Haven’t had any issues so far using it with an 8+.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
My performance dropped and a few apps close when they want to.

Screen freezes too. I normally wait to download the new updates, jumped the gun this time.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Works fine on my 6S plus.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
No problems on my 6S, but I can't say I like all the improvements I've seen.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I unfortunately loaded up 13.1.3 and frankly it sucks

more difficult to navigate, 'features' are really bugs in disguise

wish I could upgrade to around 12 or so which seemed to work fine

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I have a 7 that I just updated yesterday. So far no issues, but with 13.1.2 my phone was a dog. Battery drained much faster than previously and it would drop LTE connection like a hot potato. Also had a problem with apps closing, but I haven't had the issue since I updated yesterday afternoon.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The most annoying issue for me is “Smart Invert” not working correctly. It was my favorite feature for night time use, but it’s all screwy now.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
13.1.3 for me. No problems. I have an XR.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
iOS 13 has been vexed with issues. I have a 7plus That has challenges opening & viewing many web pages. Battery performance has dropped and my phone periodically reboots itself almost daily. This all with 13.1 & 13.1.3. Maybe 13.2 fixes these bugs?

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Installed. Hopefully not any worse than 13.1.3.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
No problems with my 11 Pro or my wife’s X.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Corporate IT sent an email not to install on Company iPhones. If you do, it becomes an email only device as all of the access to LAN, SharePoint, Intranet quits working.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just updated hoping it fixes the Bluetooth connection issues on my 11pro with the truck

The bricking is with the homepods. Haven’t seen anything about it bricking phones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me know when the bugs are out. It was set to auto install, until I read this thread. I had a previous Iphone bricked with update.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corporate IT sent an email not to install on Company iPhones. If you do, it becomes an email only device as all of the access to LAN, SharePoint, Intranet quits working.
^^^^^^
Thanks let me know when Corporate IT gives Ok. They gotta know more than me.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Battery life on my iPhone 8 (running 13.2) seems to have taken a hit. Also have 4 apps stuck trying to update. Have cancelled it 3 times and resumed, switching from Wi-fi on/off and no luck. Not sure how I feel about iOS 13.

Edited to add: sat like this for an hour but a power cycle fixed the issue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spiff_P239,

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm underwhelmed with iOS 13.x so far. The Safari browser, in particular, seems more than a little crippled. 13.1.3 is bad enough. I've turned off automatic updates & will await further developments vis-a-vis 13.2.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I unfortunately loaded up 13.1.3 and frankly it sucks

more difficult to navigate, 'features' are really bugs in disguise

wish I could upgrade to around 12 or so which seemed to work fine

This. A bunch of stuff changed on my iPad that was supposed to make it more intuitive, but I had to search for the answers just like before.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m having some issue with downloading offloaded apps. Also the doing circle next to the LTE signal indicator keeps spinning non-stop even if I close all apps. Using data? Updating something? Bug? Hope it’s not doing something that will quickly drain the battery. Sigh.

I guess the choice is connectivity but quick battery drain or no connectivity? That’s the choice Apple is offering us?