SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This one hurts a bit, RIP Don Rickles
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This one hurts a bit, RIP Don Rickles Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Jimmy Kimmel had a nice eulogy.

Clicky thingy.

"I'll drop my pants and fire a rocket!"

Thank you Monkey. I read it on another site because I couldn't get the video to work. That worked nicely.
The Ketchup thing kills me.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
One of the Greats, your humor will be sorely missed Don. Thank you for so many fond memories.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If I may be indulged and opine...

Many of the people from that generation were people who lived during the depression, WWII, and the greater part of the cold war.

They saw the abyss and those who survived it, remembered both the darkness of that as well as the loss of those who fell into the blackness of night that no one should ever see and survive.

Yet, rather than sit in sackcloth and toss ashes on themselves, they put those things to the side, never forgetting them, yet not being consumed by them, and pushed forward to proved a prosperity that many of us grew up in.

I am one of those. The "boomers", and we were divided into two camps. One that were granted the mantle, and felt humbled and privileged to be able to carry it forward, and those who saw it as a disgusting garment to be tossed aside as quickly as possible.

And from such, are grateful people, who give all they can, paying forward, and those who wish to destroy and forget such humble, yet powerful sacrifice.

I am so humbled by people like Don Rickles and many others of that generation, who rarely thumped their own chest's, but continued to give all they had, to all who could appreciate.

I am so heartened to see that I am not alone, sitting in the shadows of such noble people.

And I hope I made a little sense in my rambling...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Rickles.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
talk about having a great run !
1st Rodney and now Don R., heaven must be rolling , about now.

Dad used to laugh so hard , that he would cry.

I've lost count of the times that people that knew him well, have said that he was the most genuine and honorable comedian in show business

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post