SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This one hurts a bit, RIP Don Rickles
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This one hurts a bit, RIP Don Rickles Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
http://variety.com/2017/tv/new...lt-vegas-1202025068/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Frown RIP Don Rickles. Another great one gone. My absolute favorite comic bar none, loved his style.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mr. Rickles

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Sad indeed. RIP Don. Losing too many of the good ones.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Hey, hockey puck! RIP

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Warmth. RIP

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Oh no!

Somewhere there is a trumpet/brass announcing his entrance.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
"I think if I took therapy, the doctor would quit. He'd just pick up the couch and walk out of the room". RIP Don Rickles

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A funny man.

RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I knew him best from Scooby Doo.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Many laughs from that man, truly a great one.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that is very sad news

I really enjoyed him on the Dean Martin Roasts and in Kelly's Hero's.

RIP Mr. Rickles and thanks for the laughs

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Sad. Frown He was one of a kind for sure.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Will miss him. Off to watch Kelly's Heroes.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful life/entertainment he had to share with us ... thank you sir. I'll admit it took me some time to find his style of humor as funny, but as I grew up he got funnier to me. Really enjoyed him in Goodfellas. Also old movies as a character actor. Wasn't one on submarine?

Rest in Peace Mr. Rickles - I hope you're still making souls laugh.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
RIP You always made me laugh.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
RIP. It took me awhile to get his humor too. A legend.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
RIP

He will be missed. No one can get away with the things Mr. Rickles did.

I saw him live in Los Vegas at a dinner show.
There was this really attractive younger gal with an older gentleman in the front row.
Boy did he dump on the older gentleman for several minutes.

It was so bad I thought the guy was going to walk out.

Then come a bottle of Champaign to their table.

I wonder how much it cost?

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir.....

The funniest memory was watching him guest host the Tonight Show(way back in the leisure suit era!) He, of course had his buddy Sinatra on. In the course of the show, Rickles broke a cigarette box of Johnny's on the desk. They kind of put in back together...when Carson returned the next night or two, he discovered the damage, and Rickles was identified as the culprit. Rickles was taping CPO Sharkey in the adjacent studio, so Carson went on his comedic rampage, interrupting the taping.

Also big on Kelly's Heroes....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post