SIGforum
More gun control laws for NJ.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4240030344

June 13, 2018, 12:08 PM
nojoy
More gun control laws for NJ.
I feel for those gun owners in NJ. This governor is really trying to make a name for himself.

http://www.nj.com/politics/ind...asures_declares.html
June 13, 2018, 12:28 PM
12GA
If the intent is to ensure that more folks with mental health needs go untreated, then this will be a huge success.

June 13, 2018, 12:35 PM
smschulz
quote:
"New Jersey will lead," he said. "(But) it is not enough.

They won't stop until they TAKE them ALL. Frown > Mad
June 13, 2018, 12:36 PM
UTsig
I had a good run in NJ, 60 years, but I am so glad I got out when I did! Reading this makes me believe he's worse than any I experienced.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
June 13, 2018, 12:42 PM
PASig
This is what you get when the dumbass voters pick a hard leftwinger. Frown

I have little sympathy; let those who desire freedom move to PA and let NJ turn into the California of the East.

June 13, 2018, 01:08 PM
David W
Nothing new for the criminals at least, only the law abiding folks get it up the butt.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
June 13, 2018, 01:24 PM
Cousin Vinnie
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PASig:

I have little sympathy; let those who desire freedom move to PA and let NJ turn into the California of the East.[/QUOTE
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly what he said....I say this over and over, you get who you voted for, so don't complain. When you go to these states and ask people why they voted for the fool that is in office, no one ever admits that they voted for the slug....It must have been my neighbor they say? New Jersey got what they voted for and deserve, PERIOD!
June 13, 2018, 01:41 PM
ensigmatic
I enjoyed NJ for the nearly three years I was there in the Army. No way I'd go back now.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
June 13, 2018, 01:47 PM
Sigmund
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I enjoyed NJ for the nearly three years I was there in the Army. No way I'd go back now.

I took basic at Ft Dix in the summer of 1968. The word "enjoy" never came to mind. Smile
June 13, 2018, 02:00 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:

I have little sympathy; let those who desire freedom move to PA and let NJ turn into the California of the East.[/QUOTE
Exactly what he said....I say this over and over, you get who you voted for, so don't complain. When you go to these states and ask people why they voted for the fool that is in office, no one ever admits that they voted for the slug....It must have been my neighbor they say? New Jersey got what they voted for and deserve, PERIOD!

Just shut up. Like you or I deserved Obama? There are a lot of good people in NJ who don't at all deserve this commie crap.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
June 13, 2018, 02:07 PM
RAMIUS
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:

Just shut up. Like you or I deserved Obama? There are a lot of good people in NJ who don't at all deserve this commie crap.

Yep. I know plenty of solid NJ gun owners who were legal yesterday with their standard Glock mags, who will be felons in 180 days when this takes effect.

Murphy ran on raising taxes/gun control/legal weed/and sanctuary state...how the fuck did he get voted in? By fuck sticks who pay little to no taxes and don't own any guns in that already over taxed nanny state.
June 13, 2018, 02:22 PM
Lord Vaalic
So you have to show a "specific" threat to have a permit? Just show them the newspaper, there are all manor of threats in there.

And gee, ill bet allowing family or "others" to tell a judge you are dangerous and allowing cops to come seize your guns wont be abused at all. Nope.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
June 13, 2018, 02:37 PM
Marlin Fan
To Gov. Phil Murphy, go fuck yourself!

I thank God for living in a free southern state.
June 13, 2018, 02:39 PM
PASig
quote:

Then move to Pennsylvania where we have some of the best CCW and gun rights in the entire country.

June 13, 2018, 03:17 PM
DennisM
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Then move to Pennsylvania where we have some of the best CCW and gun rights in the entire country.

I love this plan and I'm working on it. When can I expect you to wire the payoff funds for my house?

No? Not happening?

Tag this post for when any of the oppressive bills currently in the PA legislature come to pass... and given the demographic and voter shifts in SE PA, especially the formerly solid red Counties, some WILL. The Fudds in middle PA will NOT help right the boat. Then hope the rest of the country doesn't say "Fuck PA. They made their bed."

Jesus Christ, man. Hang together or hang separately. How difficult a concept is that?
June 13, 2018, 03:19 PM
HKg3
PASig,

We currently have good laws in PA, but we must remain vigilant. We do get many lefty NJ and NY transplants that bring their goofy ideas with them to our state. Then they try to change it into what they fled.

DennisM made some very good points. We need to watch on our legislature and stand with our brother gun owners because of the influx of new lefties to this state. There are some really scary bills currently in the PA legislature.

Just my $0.02,

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin
June 13, 2018, 03:22 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
no one ever admits that they voted for the slug....It must have been my neighbor they say?

Well it is Jersey, maybe nobody did vote for the guy except a lot of dead people...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
June 13, 2018, 03:31 PM
Graniteguy
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I have little sympathy; let those who desire freedom move to PA and let NJ turn into the California of the East.

Too late - Massachusetts already holds that title.
June 13, 2018, 03:34 PM
DennisM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
no one ever admits that they voted for the slug....It must have been my neighbor they say?

Well it is Jersey, maybe nobody did vote for the guy except a lot of dead people...

Hudson County. Essex County. Camden County. Utter publicly-assisted crapholes that drive the politics by sheer numbers, much like Allegheny and Philadelphia counties... and now the Philly suburbs (Dems SWEPT the row offices in Bucks last November, something I never thought I'd see.) Don't get me started on DelCo. Add voter fraud, and it's terrifying.
June 13, 2018, 03:40 PM
mark60
Leader? He's way behind our guy Cuomo.