SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Free 3rd party photo hosting??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free 3rd party photo hosting?? Login/Join 
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted
Do they exist anymore? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, John

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if this is what you need but Postimage.com is what I use for forum post photos. It's free quick and easy. You can set up an account or not. Works either way. With a free account you can save and organize you photos into folders. I have about 150 photos sitting there.

I would not trust them for general online storage / archive of my photos as they have been close to shutting down for lack of funds. They gained some advertisers and some sponsor help and I think are OK at the present.

I use pBase.com for my primary photo site but it is not free.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Check out this topic: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/8270084624/p/1

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Depends on the purpose.

Google photos has free unlimited storage that syncs with all your devices/folders. However you cannot direct link to the image. It's a great additional layer of backup for your photos.

Imgur is the best free site for hosting images for linking. The have a desktop app and plugins for your browser that allow you to clip an image and immediately link to it in the forum and a host of other tools. All free.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I've been using Imgur for over a year with complete satisfaction.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I have just started with Postimage, seems to be ok so far for posting pictures, as below, but cannot get my avatar to post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hi-power man,

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Flickr is good, they just ask that you use a special link that goes back to their site.

Vaquero1K by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Flickr is good, they just ask that you use a special link that goes back to their site.

Vaquero1K by GaryBF, on Flickr
Yeah, I use it, too. I don't think that would work for an avatar, though. I don't think there is a way to follow Flickr's rules to post an avatar.

(Nice Ruger!)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I found Tinypic.com works for hosting an Avatar, but it posts regular pictures at full size and doesn't downsize for posting. I am still searching for who to use for picture posting.

Testing Flickr with this:

https://flic.kr/p/WzPXL1

Testing Imgur:

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post