SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    postimage.com question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

postimage.com question Login/Join 
posted
They used to have an option for rotating the picture but I don't see it offered anymore.

is there a way to do it ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

That's Just Great! Smile

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
I've only been using it for a short time so I don't recall if it had the ability to rotate an image but I don't see that feature on the page.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the hell, I just tried posting an image using Postimage, and it didn't work. I thought it was easy the first time I did it some months back, so what have I forgotten? I'm using an image from my computer, as I did last time, copied it to PI, what option do I choose next? I thought I used Direct Link, but now, none of them work.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Rotate it on your own computer using Paint, then upload it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
What the hell, I just tried posting an image using Postimage, and it didn't work. I thought it was easy the first time I did it some months back, so what have I forgotten? I'm using an image from my computer, as I did last time, copied it to PI, what option do I choose next? I thought I used Direct Link, but now, none of them work.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Best to rotate the image on your PC, then load to postimgage.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
for postimg.org, I have been using the option "Hotlink for forums"

(after uploading the image)

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Thanks, ldkr! I don't know why this didn't work before. Cool

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Sigforum never fails to entertain!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable, I did what Orguss suggested, saved it to my PC, rotated it there, then posted it using Postimage. I don't know why it didn't work for me the first time I tried, but lkdr1989 was right. Eventually.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Sigforum never fails to entertain!!!

Sigmonkey + Grinning Orange Tabby = Cool

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
quote:
I did what Orguss suggested, saved it to my PC, rotated it there, then posted it using Postimage.

Iam gonna have to call "the man "for some training, Ive never done it before.
but thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is this picture that you're trying to rotate? If it's on another website, try putting your cursor on it, then right-click with your mouse. That should bring up a list of options, including something like "Save to..." or "Save as...". Click on that, assign a name if you are asked to, click again, then go to your documents file (maybe an icon across the bottom of your screen), find the file of photos, and it should be in there.

Once you find the pic in your photo file, try a right-click on it, which should bring up another list of options, including rotating right or left. You may or may not have to save the change.

If it's another situation, describe it here. We know Sigmonkey is lurking, and he's really good at this stuff. In fact he's the first person I turn to when I don't know what to do.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
quote:
Where is this picture that you're trying to rotate?

on my camera

posted Hide Post
My Motorola Quantico (dumb phone) has a "Rotate" option in the photo library. If yours doesn't, you'll have to upload the pic to your PC, and I'll hope Sigmonkey can help with that, since it's a PITA for me. I have to e-mail it to myself, then upload from my e-mail to my photo file, and I'd bet The Monkey has an easier way. Sending an e-mail from my phone sucks, it's really just a phone.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18