SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RogueJSK, Check Your Email.... This is London calling... Now with a karma!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RogueJSK, Check Your Email.... This is London calling... Now with a karma! Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
RogueJSK, Check your email for an Amazon ecard.

It's a beautiful sunny day here in London SW1.

After I get a shower, I'll head out to take and post some pictures.

Figure out where my tired aching feet are and win $20 Amazon Card.
Rules......
Member as of today.
First correct answer as to where I am gets a digital $20 gift card from Amazon, so you must supply a valid email address.

I guess I should update the rules....
I'll respond to guesses. The response may or may not be helpful.
Players can guess up to 6 times.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31434 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Cool!

And, in the meantime....London Calling!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfK-WX2pa8c

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the United States calling, are we reaching?

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:

Can you hear me now? I'm telling as loud as I can.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31434 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
It's a beautiful sunny day here in London SW1.

After I get a shower, I'll head out to take and post some pictures.

since the weather is good, go to the top of
St Paul's,

or ride the Eye

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't understand...he keeps hanging up.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I went to the Holland and Holland Co. gun room today. I've wanted to visit H&H since I was teenager reading books about big game hunting in Africa. Sadly I couldn't take l pictures to share but here is a link to their website: https://www.hollandandholland.com/gun-room/.

H&H is a bespoke gun maker at 33 Bruton St., Mayfair, London SW1. They been doing business since 1835.

The rifles and shotguns on display were priced upwards of £30,000 for a used SxS or O/U shotgun, and several new guns were > £200,000. All are works of art. Stunning wood, deeply blued barrels, incredible engraving.

The best part was when I asked if I could use the loo. I was taken downstairs into the office area, passing through the corporate board room where H&H has one example of every model the firm made in the last 160 years. Then they left me to find my own a way out!

Sooooo, I stopped for a one man show. What a treat!

If you are in London and like amazing guns, go for a visit. Even though it's a small shop, it's worth the time!

Nice is overrated

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went to the Holland and Holland Co. gun room today. I've wanted to visit H&H since I was teenager reading books about big game hunting in Africa. Sadly I couldn't take l pictures to share but here is a link to their website: https://www.hollandandholland.com/gun-room/.

H&H is a bespoke gun maker at 33 Bruton St., Mayfair, London SW1. They been doing business since 1835.

The rifles and shotguns on display were priced upwards of £30,000 for a used SxS or O/U shotgun, and several new guns were > £200,000. All are works of art. Stunning wood, deeply blued barrels, incredible engraving.

The best part was when I asked if I could use the loo. I was taken downstairs into the office area, passing through the corporate board room where H&H has one example of every model the firm made in the last 160 years. Then they left me to find my own a way out!

Sooooo, I stopped for a one man show. What a treat!

If you are in London and like amazing guns, go for a visit. Even though it's a small shop, it's worth the time!

Have a pint at Coach & Horses! and James Purdey & Sons is right down the street. I also walked into a smaller, lesser known shop when I was there and the experience was better, even if the guns weren't as nice. got to talk to the makers a lot more and got to handle some nice guns. William Evans Ltd, at the corner of St James St and St James Pl.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Places like that make me wish I could actually knock down clays, much less birds. Eek
It's bad enough I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon and make a fool of myself when I shoot it.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Holland and Holland

Very cool. I'd love to visit there.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

See he keeps hanging up, and it's a man answering.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
So what are you getting custom made?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
So what are you getting custom made?

Nothing. I could barely afford to breathe in the place.

Nice is overrated

posted Hide Post
I've always dreamed of going to one of the London makers of bespoke shotguns and being fitted for a gun that costs more than a new car. I also suspect that they'd throw me out the door upon finding out I couldn't afford anything in the building.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3530 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Even their Made in China baseball caps were £30 plus VAT!

Nice is overrated

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even their Made in China baseball caps were £30 plus VAT!

Just a point - if that's the price on the hanger, then that includes the sales tax - 20%. Mind you, if you bought the child sized version, you get that off - all children's clothes are exempt VAT.

Anyhow, if you can afford any of their guns, a paltry 20% sales tax is a meh.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I've always dreamed of going to one of the London makers of bespoke shotguns and being fitted for a gun that costs more than a new car. I also suspect that they'd throw me out the door upon finding out I couldn't afford anything in the building.

It's not just a matter of walking in the door and saying, 'fit me up'. Getting that far is but one stage in a long drawn-out process of introduction, meeting to discuss your shooting needs and so on. By the time that you are getting your first fit, many thousands will have changed hands - all of it formerly yours.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
HAM AND JAM.... HAM AND JAM.... HAM AND JAM...HAM AND JAM....HAM AND JAM.... HAM AND JAM...HAM AND JAM....HAM AND JAM.... HAM AND JAM...HAM AND JAM....

$20 Amazon Card to the First Member who knows where I am typing this.

Nice is overrated

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces Museum.

("Ham and Jam" being the coded message indicating the successful seizure of the vital Pegasus Bridge and Horsa Bridge by the British Airborne in the early hours before D-Day.)

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm going to guess the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces Myyuuseum.

("Ham and Jam" being the coded message indicating the successful seizure of the vital Pegasus Bridge and Horsa Bridge by the British Airborne in the early hours before D-Day.)

In the famous words of Maxwell Smart "Missed it by [•] that much."

So close, in fact, you may get an honorable "Mention in Dispatches."

Nice is overrated