SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If You Don't Have Tape Over Your Camera's Lens and/or Microphone, One Question...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Don't Have Tape Over Your Camera's Lens and/or Microphone, One Question... Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Why not?

Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Did you just watch "Snowden?"

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
I waggle it as I walk by my open laptop. Somewhere there are NSA agents crying. Big Grin

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wear a name tag:

"Hello, my name is Carlos Danger"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9146 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I don't keep my web cam and mic plugged in when I'm not using them.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I send my own surveillance videos to the NSA. They leave me alone, though. Frankly, who's going to watch 6000 hours of some guy flipping off the camera?

Zed's a Fed, baby. Zed's a Fed.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I send my own surveillance videos to the NSA. They leave me alone, though. Frankly, who's going to watch 6000 hours of some guy flipping off the camera?

Zed's a Fed, baby. Zed's a Fed.

I thought Zed was dead.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
A selfie from my modified laptop camera.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a vid of face book founder zuckpuvker giving a presentation. His laptop had tape or a sticky note over the camera.

Quick search

https://mobile.nytimes.com/201...consider-it-too.html

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think everyone should alternate 10 rorschach inkblots over their camera lense. We need to find out just how crazy the watchers are.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
I waggle it as I walk by my open laptop. Somewhere there are NSA agents crying. Big Grin

EEEwwwwwwww - that's just gross.

And I may just need to try it. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I don't think tape over a microphone is going to do squat.

If taping over your computer's camera is so important, why doesn't anyone tape over their cellphone's cameras?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I lick the lens and breathe heavily into the microphone...

"It's Me Again, Margaret..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I don't think tape over a microphone is going to do squat.

If taping over your computer's camera is so important, why doesn't anyone tape over their cellphone's cameras?

You don't?

Slacker.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
there are Feds all over this forum. betcha they get scooped up, too.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Where would a camera be? My laptop doesn't have one.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Where would a camera be? My laptop doesn't have one.
That is what they want you to think...

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My laptop is new enough to have one, but it's usually turned off and closed and not connected to the Internet. My desktop computer does not have a camera. (I don't know if it has a microphone--if it does, it's mostly going to hear either Fox News or reruns of the various NCIS venues.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The NSA probably calls my laptop camera the "Punishment Detail". Hours of boredom interspersed with brief moments of tedium.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post