SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kidnapping victim escapes from trunk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kidnapping victim escapes from trunk Login/Join 
posted
This is impressive. Hope they caught the creep.

http://www.al.com/news/birming...ttempted_kidnap.html

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The clerk/owner just hands her a shotgun? dafuq?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah. Birmingham can be like Compton in parts. This is probably not Mountain Brook. Guess he figures she knows how to use it.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
This isn't prissy California, Holmes.

People have, and use guns over here in 'Merica. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
She was kidnapped about a block from my daughter's house.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

So you'd just hand one of your guns to someone you don't know. Got it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Maybe. I might.

It was a funny comment though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The article states that it was the victim who grabbed the station owner's shotgun.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Video shows the store owner leaning the shotgun against the wall, and the victim grabbed it.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you (1) even own a gun? and (2) ever shot a gun?

Like others, I might. It's unlikely but possible. See here, we make decisions for ourselves in 'Merica, instead of doing what the nanny state tells us. Wink

Except when you punched out the window of a passing car, if I recall correctly. Born to live by the fist, and all that. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

No he didn't after viewing the video. It appears that when she went into the back room to calm down, the shotgun was within reach and she grabbed it. Later on the store owner continued the calm the lady down and retrieved the gun by grabbing the barrel (brave man). All I know is to not approach a scared or angry woman holding a shotgun.

In any event, all seems rational and understandable.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They caught the guy. Just out of prison, what a surprise! Here is the story:
http://www.al.com/news/birming...ml#incart_river_home