SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The REAL reason I drove to Michigan
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The REAL reason I drove to Michigan Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You should have also picked up some Better Made Potato Chips. Made in Detroit too, and they taste very good.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
There are few things in this world more enjoyable than seeing the look on someone's face after they take their first ever sip of Vernor's from a glass.

Before or after they get done coughing from the bubbles up their nose? Big Grin Razz

It's the entire process...

LOL ! Yup, it sure enough is that. Still remember my first glass. After that, one had to learn patience whilst the fizz rising above the top of the glass diminished Wink

That was back when Vernor's was a whole lot more fizzy!

It's still my favorite ginger ale Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
What are the egg cartons for?

Eggs.

Oh good, glad you cleared that up, I wasn't up to such an involved explanation. Big Grin

I keep 3 to 5 dozen layers around (at the upper end of that scale at the moment) and sell eggs to a group of dedicated locals. Several say they'll go without rather than eat anything but Someday Farm's Finest.

For some reason I thought you'd cleared most of the birds out. We have 50 freedom rangers coming out of the brooder tomorrow but only keep about 12-15 layers around.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

For some reason I thought you'd cleared most of the birds out. We have 50 freedom rangers coming out of the brooder tomorrow but only keep about 12-15 layers around.

I got done with meat birds but still have layers. The size of my flock fluctuates due to losses from natural causes and predation offset by donations from folks that don't want to deal with their birds any more (a dozen just a few days ago) and the occasional purchase of a dozen chicks when the count is getting low.

I'm supposed to pick up another half-dozen in a few days from folks that turn their flocks over ever other year.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post