SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The REAL reason I drove to Michigan
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The REAL reason I drove to Michigan Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Living in Michigan is difficult! High taxes; the worst US Senators this side of Cal. and N.Y.; cold, snow, and ice; the worst roads in the country even with orange barrels on every road all summer long; the cities of Detroit, Pontiac, and Flint; it's a tough place to live. Ah but,
Vernors in every store; totally worth it! Smile
Rod

I made the mistake of taking I-69 from I-90 up to Lansing. JEE-bus what a crappy road. Came back on 127 all the way to US-20.

And speaking of 127...75MPH speed limit? REALLY? That's nucking futz. After years of demon-crap leadership, Michigan has gone from some of the best roads in the nation to some of the worst. Yet, they have some of the highest speed limits.

Whassup wit dat?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Moxie = "good stuff" Eek

I guess someone has to like it or they would have stopped making it forever ago.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
available just about everywhere here in southern AZ - now buying it instead of Seagrams (which I thought was pretty good)

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine and I used to make an annual trip from MD to Canada and back. We would rent a car and make a weekend run to get Molson XXX which at the time wasn't imported at least not that we were aware of.

On one trip there was a beautiful covering of snow on an empty parking lot that we figured we'd slide around on a bit........and they we realized it was a frozen lake/pond. That was the slowest/longest trip back to Mother Earth I have ever driven.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
...the worst US Senators this side of Cal. and N.Y...

Hey! What about Illinois??? I'll match my Senators against yours any day for a shit-show.

And we got NO VERNORS!!! Mad

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can appreciate the drive and effort. But Amazon sells it for $39/48 cans delivered.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There are few things in this world more enjoyable than seeing the look on someone's face after they take their first ever sip of Vernor's from a glass.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
There are few things in this world more enjoyable than seeing the look on someone's face after they take their first ever sip of Vernor's from a glass.

Before or after they get done coughing from the bubbles up their nose? Big Grin Razz

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
I can appreciate the drive and effort. But Amazon sells it for $39/48 cans delivered.

I'll be damned. I wonder how long that deal has been available? Not sure I ever checked Amazon, and I can't imagine why, they're my go-to for pretty much everything else.

OTOH, I bought 17 twelve packs for $84, which is about 41¢ per can.

And, of course, I slipped in a visit to a couple of my brothers while I was in town, so there's that... Razz

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Its still sold in Ohio too, which could save a few hundred miles off of your trip.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
What are the egg cartons for?

Eggs.

HA! Big Grin Ba Zinga

I gotta ask , Does MI do that nickle per can redemption thing ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:
quote:

Eggs.

HA! Big Grin Ba Zinga

I gotta ask , Does MI do that nickle per can redemption thing ?

Nope, we don't do that nickle thing. We do the dime thing. Wink

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:I gotta ask , Does MI do that nickle per can redemption thing ?

Dime!

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hopefully they will redeem them where he lives,
heck no,
Maine is up to 15 cents ! Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is against the law. I am not kidding. They caught a group bringing in crushed cans by the truckload to California. It was a pretty big deal.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The cans are headstamped for Maine's 5¢ return, didn't have any problem with the last batch.

Which makes me wonder if it isn't for sale somewhere in Maine, or maybe that's just a generic top for the can manufacturing/filling process.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Before or after they get done coughing from the bubbles up their nose? Big Grin Razz

It's the entire process...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
quote:

Eggs.

Oh good, glad you cleared that up, I wasn't up to such an involved explanation. Big Grin

I keep 3 to 5 dozen layers around (at the upper end of that scale at the moment) and sell eggs to a group of dedicated locals. Several say they'll go without rather than eat anything but Someday Farm's Finest.

This is one of those things that is too obvious to think of.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You had to go to Michigan to get egg cartons?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
You had to go to Michigan to get egg cartons?

It's like the old story about the little girl and the pony: With all that chickenshit, there HAD to be egg cartons in there somewhere! Big Grin