SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The REAL reason I drove to Michigan
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The REAL reason I drove to Michigan Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

You cannot get this Nectar of the Gods in Maine.

How good is it? I drove 4 days and 2500-ish miles to replenish my stash.

The Bandit got nuthin' on me!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
How many cases could you fit into the Trans Am?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:

The Trans Am is to distract attention. It's the 18 wheeler behind it with the hound dog that you have to watch out for.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
What are the egg cartons for?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Eggs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
We have Vernor's down in NC, but that's for guests. I keep the good stuff for myself.

I'm down to my last 12pk but I'll be heading to Maine in the fall to get more.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:

The real question is how many cases can you get in a Corolla.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
You didn't find a girl in a wedding dress on the side of the road did you?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Eggs.

Oh good, glad you cleared that up, I wasn't up to such an involved explanation. Big Grin

I keep 3 to 5 dozen layers around (at the upper end of that scale at the moment) and sell eggs to a group of dedicated locals. Several say they'll go without rather than eat anything but Someday Farm's Finest.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
quote:

The real question is how many cases can you get in a Corolla.

Unfortunately, the answer is "17" not "42". Between the smuggled Vernor's and the luggage, there wasn't a spare cubic foot in the Cruller. Prolly why I couldn't break 40 MPG.

The look on the checkout lady's face at WalMart when I pulled up with a full cart of nothing but Vernor's was priceless too.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That must be amazing soda, but can't you just buy it online?

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Grew up drinking it. I lived about 2 miles from the bottling plant. Great stuff.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Now that you mention it, I haven't seen Vernor's on the shelves all year. I usually buy when I see it. I'll have to find out where it's all hiding.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
That must be amazing soda, but can't you just buy it online?

Yes, but it's insanely expensive and the shipping isn't cheap either.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
You didn't find a girl in a wedding dress on the side of the road did you?

No, unfortunately.

The Trans Am was cool, but the REAL distraction was Sally Field. What a Babe!

posted Hide Post
Watch out for this guy on your way home.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
Watch out for this guy on your way home.

Pretty sure I did in Ohio, but he couldn't get his fat ass out of the cruiser... Big Grin

Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Living in Michigan is difficult! High taxes; the worst US Senators this side of Cal. and N.Y.; cold, snow, and ice; the worst roads in the country even with orange barrels on every road all summer long; the cities of Detroit, Pontiac, and Flint; it's a tough place to live. Ah but,
Vernors in every store; totally worth it! Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I grew up with Vernor's (they took the apostrophe out some years back) and agree it's the ONLY ginger ale for me.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighthouse Keeper
posted Hide Post
That's a very cool "collectors set", too! The lighthouses pictured are some of Michigan's most beautiful. I'm particularly fond of Crisp Point.

Posts: 840 | Location: America's High-Five | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post