SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tire Rack - I'm impressed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tire Rack - I'm impressed! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
The Tundra needs new sneakers on the back (and brakes on all four corners... Frown ) and is parked until that can be done and a new inspection sticker applied.

My regular go-to for tires pissed me RIGHT off by missing all the of above while rotating said tires and aligning the front end. So, they're on my shit list.

Garage that does my work recommended Goodyears and said "Get 'em at WalMart - same tire, better price" but ordering online wouldn't have gotten them here in time for the scheduled work (Monday).

Tire Rack had the tires at the same price as WalMart - Goodyear Wrangler Trail Riders, 255/70/18 for $194. AND free shipping, no sales tax, no disposal fee! That's pretty darn great all by itself, but here's the kicker:

I ordered them on-line Tuesday afternoon. UPS just dropped them off!

Needless to say, I'll be doing business with them again.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used Tire Rack when I lived in SE Pa. Tire Rack had a warehouse in Bear Delaware, so I usually received my tires within two days.

I never had any problems with Tire Rack.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
If the online retailers have a distribution center near you, they are lightning fast. I bought tires on tirebuyer.com at about 2 PM and they were delivered to my installer for the work to be done the next morning at 8 am. Pretty amazing.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've been my go-to for many years on several cars, and always got it done right. All you have to do is arrange local installation, and they usually have somebody close to do the work, even accepting the UPS shipment to save you the trouble of taking the tires to the installer.

My one exception, I bought tires from the car dealer this time, since I get really good service from them and their price was within a few bucks of Tire Rack.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
If the online retailers have a distribution center near you, they are lightning fast. I bought tires on tirebuyer.com at about 2 PM and they were delivered to my installer for the work to be done the next morning at 8 am. Pretty amazing.

That's what's so surprising: I live way the hell out at the end of the supply line and they still got them here in 48 hours. Not sure, but I think their nearest distro center is probably in Massivetushies.

Edit: Windsor, CT. Even more impressive.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Both of my cars have winter tire/wheel packages from tire rack. It makes it cheaper and faster to switch for the winter. I have had great luck with them both times.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Edit: Windsor, CT. Even more impressive.

Yup, I just order them online, drive over and pick them up at the warehouse.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Always check tire prices before you need them. Each tire mfr. offers rebates multiple times a year. I got $175 back on my last set. The easy way to do it is before and during any holidays.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I have always heard of the great savings on buying tires online, but how are warranties handled?

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I've been using them for decades. I ordered early enough in the day once and got them overnight from the CT warehouse.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Discount Tire ain't bad either. Free tire rotations, even if you didn't buy the tires there.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post