SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beginning the hunt for a new car *Update pg.3*
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beginning the hunt for a new car *Update pg.3* Login/Join 
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Subaru is making an 8 passenger SUV called the Ascent

Always a great topic - How about the Subaru Outback. Auto Show will be fun this spring.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Clean title 2007 Toyota Sequoia 4wd with 90k on the odometer and it's in your back yard. They're asking $14k, but I bet you could get it for $12k.

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4374850?ad_cid=9

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I am on my fourth Explorer. They keep getting better and better.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
*Update*

Talking to my mom, (which I kind of felt the prompting, urge, or whatnot to do anyway,) it turns out she's going to be selling her 2011 Sienna. It's a bit higher mileage than I was looking, but in good shape. I'm going to over and look at it closer this week. It turns out she was thinking about asking us if we were interested before she even knew we were going to be looking for a car, too.

My wife isn't the MOST thrilled about a van, but I think she really will LOVE the extra room, the ride, and everything about it, even if she wont want to admit it. Razz

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
*Update*

Talking to my mom, (which I kind of felt the prompting, urge, or whatnot to do anyway,) it turns out she's going to be selling her 2011 Sienna. It's a bit higher mileage than I was looking, but in good shape. I'm going to over and look at it closer this week. It turns out she was thinking about asking us if we were interested before she even knew we were going to be looking for a car, too.

My wife isn't the MOST thrilled about a van, but I think she really will LOVE the extra room, the ride, and everything about it, even if she wont want to admit it. Razz

Tell your wife to suck it up. Big Grin

Honestly though, you guys are still pretty young. Any money you can save today (by driving a really cost effective minivan instead of a more expensive to buy and run SUV), will really give you a head start for when the REAL expenses (like a larger house, college expenses, retirement) come down the road. As long as the vehicle is roadworthy, safe, and has the features that best meet your day-to-day needs, there's really nothing to be embarrassed about.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/pUG3Z8Hxa5I

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Maybe BlackLX will stop by and give you some suggestions on rims and a kicking system?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Maybe BlackLX will stop by and give you some suggestions on rims and a kicking system?

www.vankulture.com

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

www.vankulture.com

OK, I literally Laughed OUT LOUD at the last two posts!!

I know & appreciate how BlackLX has embraced the VAN lifestyle!!!! Wink

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24067 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Since you have three kids, the power sliding doors will be much appreciated. You don't have to worry about them banging into the car parked next to you and can be controlled remotely.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Just break down and buy a van.....chalk it up to “The things we do for Love”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy the van. I'mn on my third. Function over form.

And by the way, watch this. It is worth your time. Swagger wagon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8u2xMfERTU

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Go for the Sienna. My mom had one for a few years and I actually enjoyed driving it. Very comfortable. It’s a solid vehicle, and Toyota, so the ODO is largely irrelevant.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
One of the single girls that I worked with at the bank, announced to a few of us coworkers that she bought a new van. I laughed and said "You bought a van.....a van?"

She said "Yes, it's a 'sporty van'."

I looked at her and said, "There's no such thing."

Laughter was overwhelming. She didn't speak to me for months.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
One of the single girls that I worked with at the bank, announced to a few of us coworkers that she bought a new van. I laughed and said "You bought a van.....a van?"

She said "Yes, it's a 'sporty van'."

I looked at her and said, "There's no such thing."

Laughter was overwhelming. She didn't speak to me for months.

Au Contraire

https://www.facebook.com/group..._id=1373279966116911

Supercharged
Lowered
Big Brake Kit
And more

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a Chevy Astro van once. It was nice, had room for the kids, dogs and friends... Thought to myself, this is ok, but I will never have another van.... Fast-forward... Now have grandkids, two dogs, a cabin on some property... Boy would it be nice to have a van. Yup, Wifes next vehicle will be an all wheel drive van of some type... Me, I want to stick with Jeep XJ's and TJ's as long as I can...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
*Update*

We have a 2004 Siena. It has 142,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Make sure to religiously rotate the tires or they will wear quicker than a car or SUV.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post