SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ‘It matters to me’: Video shows Good Samaritan take gun from robber on Blue Line train
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘It matters to me’: Video shows Good Samaritan take gun from robber on Blue Line train Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
From the link in the OP:

"According to police, 30-year old Tremaine Anderson is charged with one felony count of robbery with a firearm.

He has a long history of prior arrests, including attempted robbery, battery and public indecency. A judge ordered him held without bond.
"

Maybe he'll stay in jail.

Probably not. The States Attorney here will probably plea bargain it down to a misdemeanor if she prosecutes it at all. The first time the witness/hero misses a court date she will have it dismissed.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Kudos to him for taking a stand. Although as a guy who has paid thousands of dollars in race entry fees, I’m a bit peeved he ran as a bandit. Oh well. I’ll let it slide.

Let it slide? WTF? Did you watch the video and see he was clearly wearing a registration number? What on earth gave you the impression he was running as a bandit? You're fake news. This is exactly what the dishonest news media does. Next they will be digging up dirt that he got a speeding ticket 15 years ago. You owe this standup guy and the forum an apology.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:

Let it slide? WTF? Did you watch the video and see he was clearly wearing a registration number? What on earth gave you the impression he was running as a bandit? You're fake news. This is exactly what the dishonest news media does. Next they will be digging up dirt that he got a speeding ticket 15 years ago. You owe this standup guy and the forum an apology.

Did you read the article? Towards the end the guy, himself, admits to running as bandit. Decaf maybe?

"LaPierre said he went on to run his 12th Chicago Marathon, although he admits he's a “bandit,” meaning he sometimes runs without registering and paying."

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't mean to distract from the man's heroic act of disarming the scum. As for whether he ran as a bandit, he admitted himself that he was running the marathon without registering.

It's fairly easy to pin an old bib from previous races on - race officials aren't watching that closely.

Again, kudos to the man for stepping up and preventing a crime.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
man of action

hats off to him

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post