SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've heard what's in your glass, now I want to know what IS your glass?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've heard what's in your glass, now I want to know what IS your glass? Login/Join 
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Unsurprisingly, a LOT of good suggestions... and some humorous ones! All of you are invited to my house for homebrew and distilled spirits.

I was tempted to invest in some Shrek glasses... but I went the Irish crystal route:

Waterford "Eimer" series straight-sided 9 oz. tumblers. Set of 4, $80.

...although that Cradle glass and the Norlan may be future purchases. I also looked at the Blenko glasses. Cool, but not the classic style I was looking for. I liked the local connection.

Thanks to everyone, as always, the Forum knows all and tells all.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
A great gift I received and have given.....

Norlan Whisky Glasses

Andrew

+1 on the Norlan glasses. I received 4 for my birthday and love them.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
Unsurprisingly, a LOT of good suggestions... and some humorous ones! All of you are invited to my house for homebrew and distilled spirits.

I was tempted to invest in some Shrek glasses... but I went the Irish crystal route:

Waterford "Eimer" series straight-sided 9 oz. tumblers. Set of 4, $80.

...although that Cradle glass and the Norlan may be future purchases. I also looked at the Blenko glasses. Cool, but not the classic style I was looking for. I liked the local connection.

Thanks to everyone, as always, the Forum knows all and tells all.

Good choice. Those are elegant.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post