SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've heard what's in your glass, now I want to know what IS your glass?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've heard what's in your glass, now I want to know what IS your glass? Login/Join 
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
You should check out Blenko Glass. It's made about 3 miles from my home here in WV. Very neat stuff with a lot of history. They have a wide range of hand blown glass. You can check them out at www.blenko.com. For the drinkware it's https://blenko.com/product-cat...blers-and-drinkware/. I'm told their other products can be used as a "get out of doghouse card" with the wife. Did I mention it's made 3 miles from my house?!? It can be found in the Whitehouse as well.
My wife also reminded they will do a custom design for you as well apparently. Not sure why she knows that but I suspect I will when I look over the credit card statement.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive taken joy out of buying those liquor and glass gift sets from the makers of the booze I like. I've actually found them to be a good deal with the glass being appropriate for what I'm drinking and the cost is often the same or in one or two price matching instances actually less.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Here is no e described on page 1.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Try one of these

https://www.theneatglass.com/

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bookers in a mason jar. No need to post a pic...

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I use the Glencairn but really like the looks of the Norlan, especially the Black Edition.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
The glass in your post is beautiful. Maybe a little large.

Nice selection of whiskey glasses here

https://www.crystalclassics.co...hssinglemaltcoll.htm

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I've got a Tommy Tippy that's very dear to me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some fancy antique lowball glasses (from the 50s?) that have simple drink recipes on them and are red and gold. My favorite whiskey glass? 10oz Yeti or Ozark trail insulated stainless. Ice lasts FOREVER with booze in those.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Mine is a pint mason jar with a handle on it.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
A great gift I received and have given.....

Norlan Whisky Glasses

Andrew

I got a set of these this past Christmas. Wonderful glasses.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty much with Sreding. Ice melting isn't a problem, my center of gravity while pouring and watching is another matter.
Those Norian glasses are calling, however.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1199 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
They're not cheap, but I like Baccarat Harmonie tumblers. My in-laws have a set of 4".

At home, I have these Ralph Lauren double old-fashioned. I don't love the look but they've got a very nice weight. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006...gid=pla-362057042337

I'm also a sucker for game birds on my rocks barware...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Not a rocks glass but if you'd like a glass to give your Glencairns a run for their money, try out the Cradle Glass. Each one is hand blown. It's got a nice heft and the science behind it improves the nosings and tastings of your favorite dram. I love mine and my Glencairns are getting dusty.

www.cradleglass.com

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
I enjoy sipping whisky in a Glencairn glass

This

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I sometimes do what the heathens do and skip the glass. Sometimes its just better that way

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I sometimes do what the heathens do and skip the glass. Sometimes its just better that way

That's barbaric, especially to an 18 y/of scotch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

For Southern Gentlemen.

LOL! The monkey scores again.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

I like your thinking. And after a few glasses that ogre will be sitting next to you, carrying on a conversation.

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post