SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've heard what's in your glass, now I want to know what IS your glass?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've heard what's in your glass, now I want to know what IS your glass? Login/Join 
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am in search of a good set of drinkware glasses for the discerning gentleman, such as you all are. (No offense, ladies!)

(I'm sure that Mr. Connery only did this ad for the money. Macallan 18YO comes at a pretty penny, lad!)

My predilection is to imbibe "neat" single malts whiskies and bourbons. Occasionally, when the mood is upon me, I'll uncork the Antica Formula vermouth and mix up a refreshing Manhattan or Rob Roy.

I'm looking for glassware that will give a sense of panache to my Friday evening tipple.

What is the forum's advice on good "rocks" or "old fashioned" glasses? I am looking for something with some heft to it. (I already have a set of Glencairn tasting glasses.) A glass with a feel of "quality" is what I seek. Price IS an object... anything that is $120 a glass would be prohibitive. But I'm willing to part with hard-earned cash for a good set of glasses.

Any suggestions?

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I use what is in your picture - Waterford Lismore.

~$50 each http://www.waterford.com/lismo...ded-tumbler-set-of-4

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I enjoy sipping whisky in a Glencairn glass Smile

Everything else, a decent rocks glass will do just fine.

Bottled beer comes in its own glass.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great gift I received and have given.....

Norlan Whisky Glasses

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Glencairn glass here too for sipping. Decorative rock glasses for whatever on the rocks. A brandy sniffer for brandy and port. Small flared metal banded handled glass numbers for Irish coffees. Weird metal martini glasses for martoonis. Smile Large wine glasses for reds and whites. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it's Murican whiskey or Bourbon:

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Irish crystal for bourbon and use the same glass for cognac. Reidel glasses for wine. Ceramic caballito branded “Clase Azul” for Tequila.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, are those glasses from Gallant Bullets?

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I enjoy my whisky with a couple of cubes in a Waterford Crystal rocks glass that was a gift from my mother. I remember when she bought the full service of Crystal in the early '80's. It's the only piece from this inherited collection that gets any use.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a barbarian, and usually just use a stoneware coffee mug.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
I'm a barbarian, and usually just use a stoneware coffee mug.

Jim Bean drink glasses, included with some Jim Bean offers (check Walmart). Nice, just the right size.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
A great gift I received and have given.....

Norlan Whisky Glasses

Andrew

Those look nice!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I bought a nice crystal set at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for less than $100. Made by Top Shelf I believe.

I think this is it.
https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com...nters-carafes/12934/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

For Southern Gentlemen.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Norlan whisky glass. I love em

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
Bill, are those glasses from Gallant Bullets?

Not sure, my wife got the set as a Christmas gift.

And then got me this for a bar to put in the front room:

It's from Restoration Hardware, so I don't even want to know what it cost (she swears it was a "great deal" at the outlet), but I have to admit it's pretty darn cool!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
No pix. But you know those little cheese glasses? When the cheese is gone.....

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my glasswear is Ball Canning jars. That is Solo cups.... LoL

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post