SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    8 months of sobriety , down the porcelain vortex
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 months of sobriety , down the porcelain vortex Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Al-Anon (and its offshoots) is good for this type of situation. NOT for the drunk, but for those affected by his/her addiction.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
"he walked in to thanksgiving lunch with the friends and every single person had booze in front of them , he walked out to resist the big trigger."

There it is. He should have had a non drinking aa friend or not gone to that get together.
PERIOD ...
He could have Don other things.

Call his sponsor.
Have #s of other members.
go to a meeting in progress.

I practice these things when life is good so that I'm trained when life goes bad.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Assuming he's in AA or the like, get him back to his meetings, make sure he hooks back up with his sponsor.

It's pretty much a given that someone who's an addict is going to relapse occassionally. The question is how often (or hopefully not often), and how quickly they can get back with the program.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Assuming he's in AA or the like, get him back to his meetings, make sure he hooks back up with his sponsor.

It's pretty much a given that someone who's an addict is going to relapse occassionally. The question is how often (or hopefully not often), and how quickly they can get back with the program.

It's MOST CERTAINLY NOT A GIVEN ... I personally know many many that have more than 30 yrs +. I knew many that died clean.
I don't know any that work the program relapse. (NA)

The chronic relapser is not working a program of recovery but a program of abstinence ....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post